So now I know about the importance of regular cleaning and conditioning leather furniture. The problem is I DIDN'T know this when I bought a leather sofa nine years ago. Basically, I've dusted it, cleaned it with a damp cloth, and occasionally used those leather wipes you can buy at Walmart.

So my question is what do I do now? Should I start conditioning it at this late date? Or is it just a waste of money at this point? And if I need to start, what do I use? I found a sticker under one of the cushions that says to use Leather Master products -- one if it's aniline, and a different one if it's corrected. The problem is I'm not sure which it is. I'm pretty sure it isn't aniline since the cat scratch marks show up very light against the navy leather. Also, it looks rather flat and lifeless compared to my Capri Claret recliner. But I'm not certain.

Other than the cat scratches, the sofa still is in excellent condition. Of course, it has hardly been used at all (except by the cats as a launch pad to the top of the cat tree. It certainly looks too good to even consider replacing it. Besides, I have lots of other projects I want to do first. So I want this sofa to last and to look as good as it possibly can for as long as it can.

Recommendations?

Many thanks!