Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M Sofa Recliner Questions - Sundance Sofa in a (non power) recliner?

Default H&M Sofa Recliner Questions - Sundance Sofa in a (non power) recliner?

I am new to the forum - I have been lurking and learning for about 1 week now - I really enjoy the discussions!

We have a Bradington Young leather Sofa Loveseat & 2 fabric recliners - all are 12 years old. We are wanting to add some new Hancock & Moore furniture to our living room and want o compliment the BY sofa and loveseat We will probably move the (2) BY fabric recliners to our basement or to our office. The BY sofa & loveseat are still pretty nice, but I wish we had read how to care for the leather as detailed in this forum long before now. The leather is not shot, but the seat cushions on the couch are dry and rough from cleaning (improperly) etc. Anyway, we have really enjoyed the BY set but want to add some H&M furniture.

Anyway, back to my question - we like sofa recliners (our current B.Y. sofa is stationary) going back to the H&M Austin sofa recliner we saw and fell in love with originally 12 years ago when we bought the B.Y. set. We still like the H&M Austin sofa but we like the styling of the Sundance better. It looks like it comes in a power sofa recliner - does it also come in a non power sofa recliner?

And, any opinions on the comfort of the Sundance Sofa in general, and esp., how nice is it as a recliner?

Pieces we are interested in purchasing:

Reclining sofa
    Matching Reclining loveseat (if it is made)
    (2) Recliners to replace our ageing (upholstered) B.Y. recliners - maybe the Sadler?
    (1) Larger recliner (for me) that would become my ultimate chair. This chair would sit at the other end of the room from the (2) recliners mentioned above. It could be larger than these two recliners. Our current B.Y. set is red and we have two gorgeous oriental rugs that have lots of reds and blues.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and thoughts.

Default Re: H&M Sofa Recliner Questions - Sundance Sofa in a (non power) recliner?

I have not seen or experienced the Sundance Sofa as a Recliner, but we do have the stationary Sundance and absolutely love it. The Sofa is exceedingly comfortable with very thick cushions (seat and back). The Sundance style is unbelievable ...it is definitely an attention getter in any room. I can't even imagine how it could offer more comfort, but obviously as a recliner if it would add to the comfort I assume you would always be sleeping in it and as such not know it :-)

Default Re: H&M Sofa Recliner Questions - Sundance Sofa in a (non power) recliner?

wisejd,

Thanks for the feedback!

We are going to a store in Denver on Saturday and hopefully will be able to view and sit in a few different sofas and recliners.

Does your Sundance sit in a place where you can see the back of the sofa?

Our Sundance unfortunately sits against a wall, which doesn't allow viewing one of the somewhat exclusive features of the Sundance. It is a fantastic looking Sofa and in-particular has excellent lines from the back.

Judyg951 Guest

Are you going to the store in Park Meadows? I looked there a few years ago and at that time they had quite a few H&M pieces on the sakes floor. It's a nicer store, but I can't remember the name anymore, and is don't live in the area.

There is a store called Howard Lorton on South Broadway - near downtown, that we plan to visit. I believe they, and Stickler Audi, are the only dealers in the Denver area. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg951 View Post
    Are you going to the store in Park Meadows? I looked there a few years ago and at that time they had quite a few H&M pieces on the sakes floor. It's a nicer store, but I can't remember the name anymore, and is don't live in the area.

The Sundance Reclining Sofa has a different feel and sit than the Stationary one. Both are good, and one is not better than the other - they're just different. That Sundance Power Recline Sofa is VERY heavy. It's well over 300 lb and can take four men to move it, but make sure you home has sufficient clearance to physically move one in. You will need a 36" opening for it all the way through and no super tight corners or obstacles. It only comes as a power unit though you can get it as a plug-in model or battery powered. Frankly they work MUCH better as power units since they are wall hugger mechanisms and manually operating those can make it very difficult to close properly. The power makes it easy. That series is not available as a power loveseat however, they only make a stationary in the Sundance in loveseat size.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The Sundance Reclining Sofa has a different feel and sit than the Stationary one. Both are good, and one is not better than the other - they're just different. That Sundance Power Recline Sofa is VERY heavy. It's well over 300 lb and can take four men to move it, but make sure you home has sufficient clearance to physically move one in. You will need a 36" opening for it all the way through and no super tight corners or obstacles. It only comes as a power unit though you can get it as a plug-in model or battery powered. Frankly they work MUCH better as power units since they are wall hugger mechanisms and manually operating those can make it very difficult to close properly. The power makes it easy. That series is not available as a power loveseat however, they only make a stationary in the Sundance in loveseat size.
    Hi,
    I have tried to find a picture everywhere of this sofa, Hancock and Moore Sundance Power Recline Sofa 9109-30-PR, in a reclined position. I am in the process of ordering one as I have a non-reclining Sundance Sofa & Loveseat already & our other 25 yr old reclining sofa just died...so it's now time to bite the bullet...but I want to see this sofa in a reclined position. Oue hometown sales company explained that it is more like an "incliner" & I'm under no obligation if I'm unhappy...LOL...tho an incliner is fine I REALLY want to see a picture in the inclined position, ya know!!! Do you have one???? Or anyone??
    Thanks

Any photos I have I put here in the forum, there are none I keep "in reserve" or do not publish. Do a search here in the forum using the model number and if there are photos they will show up. The 9109-30 PR is not in incliner, rathers it's a zero-clearance full reclining unit. They accomplish this by having a rigid metal frame in the back to accommodate the two end recliners, as you see there are no splits in the back like conventional reclining sofas. Any of the recliner sofas ending in "-30" will be on the same chassis. I have a photo set of the Journey series here which is on the same chassis, but I don't recline them prior to delivery for the simple fact we have no power that will stretch out to the parking lot when we unpack, so the photos won't show recline positions on power units.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=9110-30

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9109-30-PRB_Sundance_MT2_PR.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	12611

This is a full recliner that moves forward to recline in both outboard positions. An Incliner, by definition, is a motion piece where the footrest comes up along with a slight shift in the back, but they are not full recliners. The only Incliner currently in the Hancock and Moore line is the Austin series, and its been in the line forever. I almost never sell it.

The downside of this build used in the 9109-30-PR is not a comfort question its weight and clearance through doorways. These are heavy, around 350 lb due to the frame and because they are deep and tall, you are really going to need a 36" door opening to get them through. You may get through a 35", but anything smaller than that is sketchy at best. And they are too heavy to take up and down stairs. But they sit great, so if you have clearance and can get it in the house, I'm sure you will like it. Note there is a price increase to all the dealers coming and effective January 15, 2020.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ok, so I've got both the Sundance loveseat and the Sofa w 1 peg under it. They got those in the main level of the house no prob. The Sundance PR Sofa 9109-30 PR shouldn't be a problem then...other than they need to send two body-builders...LOL, correct? I mean, the sofa shouldnt be any bigger, right?? You wouldnt have any schematics laying around on how both sofas 9109-30 PR & 4719 are built do you?? I know how my sofa sits now & I hadta get firmer cusions. But dependent upon how the recliner is built (springs, coils, etc...) I dont want to get too firm of cusions & be screwed...I hate not sitting a sofa b4 buying!! Especially a million dollars one! ...and yes, I already paid down cuz there was a Christmas SPECIAL...YIPPEE...