Thread: Trip to "try out" some H&M furniture

Default Trip to "try out" some H&M furniture

Had a great time at Howard Lorton in Denver. We looked at sofas and recliners.

We looked at several H&M Sofas - I liked the Chapparel but probably too big and not really our style.

We also liked the Sundance (it was in a low back sectional) and the Raindance (it was in a bustleback).

Saw a Somerset with tufted back that was gorgeous.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.26.16.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	6483

We might do this smaller version in our new layout:

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.27.47.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	6484

Saw the Austin too - very comfortable but I can't get over that it looks like a really nice Lazy Boy.

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.29.44.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	6485

The Lacross was beautiful but the back wasn't high enough.

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.33.40.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	6486
    The quality of everything H&M was beautiful and apparent. Whenever we ran across something other than H&M, it was pretty easy to tell that it "just wasn't as nice". And, if you sat in it, it was really obvious it wasn't H&M. We did see a couple Bradington Young pieces that looked pretty nice, but they too weren't quite as nice as the H&M items.

Preliminary Take Aways:

In the larger area of our living room we may go with the Sundance Power Recliner (although the store did not have one)

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.36.55.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	6487

We might do the smaller version of the Somerset in the library area of our Living Room Layout:

Name:	Screenshot 2014-08-31 16.27.47.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	6484

Recliners:

They had a TON of recliners. It goes without saying that our tastes will be different than others as comfort depends upon a particular person's body type, age, taste and I am sure several more factors I am not thinking about. Anyway, I am 6' and 225 lbs - I am built broad in the shoulders and I typically like larger pieces of furniture - i just like the way they feel - they are more comfortable to me. My wife is 5' 3" and 120 lbs. She keys in on design but over the last few years her back has suffered so comfort is key for her as well.

We both are very picky and are passionate about color and style, although in the end her choices are better than mine (that was not merely a political comment - it was simply true).

On to the recliners:
    Sadler - very nice and gorgeous - felt too small for me, but I realize it is not small at all - who knows. My wife liked it allot.

We sat on several versions of the Austin - they were very comfortable, but again the style is too ordinary. We won't be getting any Austins.

Sat on Woodbridge High Leg recliner - this was very nice - great traditional lines - fit my wife perfectly and it was very comfortable. Felt to small for me.
    We sat on perhaps 15 others - all H&M but when it came down to the ultimate, "which one is the most comfortable" we both liked the Sundance High Back Recliner.

(I just discovered I cannot attach any more files or I would insert some pics here)

And, very surprisingly, I liked the Weymuth 2nd for overall comfort. Well, the Austin high back was probably a little bit ahead of the Weymuth in comfort, but it is out, because it is just not attractive (to our particular tastes).

We would like to find a decently attractive swivel recliner but couldn't find anything.

All in all, a very fun day!
    Last edited by sarends; 08-31-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: Trip to "try out" some H&M furniture

A few pictures of the chairs we liked:

Weymuth

Name:	weymuth1.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	6491

Sundance Recliner (although we didn't like the color of the leather, and if we were to order one, we would get a nicer leather and a richer color and nailheads etc), we LOVED the comfort. I thought it sat like a dream in all three positions!!

Name:	sundance2.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	6492

We saw a green version of the Banderra chair - you have to see this chair in person to see how gorgeous it truly is! And, the workmanship was simply impeccable!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weymuth2.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	6488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sundance.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	6489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h&m banderra chair.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	6490  
    Last edited by sarends; 08-31-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Can't say that I've ever heard the Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair and Ottoman referred to as "ordinary" before.

It's literally the most comfortable well made recliner on the planet! You might want to give it another try. Just sayin'.

I did a little more looking, and if you get them in the right color and leather, with "Buffalo Nickel" nail heads, it looks pretty darn good! And, I did admit already that the comfort was very good. Sorry, didn't mean to be negative - these chairs can look totally different depending upon how they are configured.

Name:	Austin High Back tilt ottoman.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	6493

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    Can't say that I've ever heard the Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair and Ottoman referred to as "ordinary" before.

It's literally the most comfortable well made recliner on the planet! You might want to give it another try. Just sayin'.

No worries! I think that Duane has said that the H&M Austin series out sells everything else in his store by a wide margin.

I was impressed immediately!

Now THAT is an excellent consumer review.

Note that on that Austin with the Buffalo Nickel Brass, that's over-the-top. Two rows of them head-to-head are too much, that nail should always be spaced and never more than a single row. I didn't like the way the brass came out on that one..too blingy.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.