Thread: Pre-owned and Estate Furniture.

ConnecticutYankee Guest

Default Pre-owned and Estate Furniture.

For what it's worth, I happen to live about an hour away from New York City and just up the post road from Greenwich and other well-heeled localities. This geographic convergence of nouveau riche and heirs to industrialists like Cornelius Vanderbilt and John D Rockefeller leaves me in good position to take advantage of their furnishings that they no longer desire.

What names should I include on my list as I shrewdly comb thru the listings from various internet sources as I search for pieces to buy? Here are my current top selections.

E J Victor, Taylor King, Bradington Young, Hancock & Moore, Hickory White, Hickory Chair and Baker.

needstuff Guest

Default Re: Pre-owned and Estate Furniture.

Some of the (apparently, seemed to my untrained eye &/or backside) nicer pieces I saw in that general area, when I was looking for a replacement couch,besides the makers you mentioned, included: Stickley, George Smith, Nathan Margolis.

From a couple old Gardenweb articles I read, readers cited the following makers, in addition to most of those above:

Karges, Francesco Molon, Kittinger, Bausman, Harden, Habersham , Henredon, Lillian August, John Widdicom,
    Henredon, Century, Henkel Harris, Drexel Heritage, Maitland Smith, Southwood

Ceccotti, Vintage G. Nakashima, Poltrona Frau, De La Espada, Ligne Roset, Cassina
    Herman Miller, Knoll Studio, Vitsoe, USM Haller, Vitra, Fritz Hansen
    Last edited by needstuff; 09-05-2014 at 06:19 PM.

scone Guest

Default Re: Pre-owned and Estate Furniture.

I would add Kindel Furniture Company to that list. Sadly, there seem to be few Grand Rapids furniture companies left.