Thread: Looking at flexsteel, but want to know what else is in my budget.

Heh1987 Guest

Default Looking at flexsteel, but want to know what else is in my budget.

Hi,

I have been shopping for a sofa the past few months and have narrowed down what I want and can afford. I have found a sofa from flexsteel that I really like, but based on research here and other places I think I might be able to do better for my money.

I am looking for:
    - a large, deep stationary sofa
    - would ideally like a Budget around 1600, but willing to go up to 1900
    - we have Great Danes and cats so want a nice sturdy fabric

This is the sofa we are currently looking at and liking in the store.
    http://www.flexsteel.com/home-furnit...as/sku/7321-31

It is not from the latitudes line, so I am hoping for decent construction (not perfect)
    The lady quoted a price of about 1650. We also tried a down wrapped cushion version of this sofa that we liked, this would add $200 to the price.

The questions I have are:
    -what else can I get in this price range that is comparable or better ( I live in Houston, so I have access to most manufacturers)
    -if I do go with this sofa, is it a good value at that price?
    - if we decide to get down wrapped cushions, will they hold up as well as the traditional ones? They definitely had a softer feel to them, which was nice, but I don't want it to become a lot softer over time,

Thank you for your time. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Default Re: Looking at flexsteel, but want to know what else is in my budget.

I think that's fairly reasonable and the Flexsteel is a solid "C" class unit that will give you good service duty and a decent lifespan. For $ 1,600, that's right about where you want to be, if you like the sofa, the store you are buying from then I'd not necessarily send you elsewhere at that price point. Get the down cushions if you like them, that's a reasonable upgrade price as well. They will hold up just as well as standard ones. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Heh1987 Guest

Default Re: Looking at flexsteel, but want to know what else is in my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I think that's fairly reasonable and the Flexsteel is a solid "C" class unit that will give you good service duty and a decent lifespan. For $ 1,600, that's right about where you want to be, if you like the sofa, the store you are buying from then I'd not necessarily send you elsewhere at that price point. Get the down cushions if you like them, that's a reasonable upgrade price as well. They will hold up just as well as standard ones. Good luck.
    Thanks so much for the quick reply. I feel pretty good about the sofa for the budget we have and really liked the store and owners. Thanks for helping me make the decision