Thread: Looking for a recliner sofa with a firm seat and good lumbar support due to bad back

slowpokedad Guest

Default Looking for a recliner sofa with a firm seat and good lumbar support due to bad back

I've had back surgery several years ago and may have to go for another back surgery next year. I'm looking at replacing my 22+ year old furniture with some pieces that would be more comfortable for me.

I am surprised to read all the complaints about quality issues with several well known manufacturers such as Lazy boy, Palliser, England etc....

I have a lazy boy recliner, which as I mentioned is over 22 years old and beside that in some places there's obvious wear, it's still fully functional and pretty comfortable. Yet friends of mine bought new Lazy boy recliner and they mentioned that it wasn't as well made as their old one was.

I don't mind spending money on furniture but I'd like to have it realistically for at least 10 years if not more if they last that long?

I have tried several different recliner sofa's but after reading some of the complaints online, not really sure about buying some of the manufacturer's that I mentioned.

I thought El Ran was higher quality but it seems they have a problem with their "bonded leather" peeling in a short time.

What recliner sofa do you recommend that has firm seating and good lumbar support?

Are there any Canadian Furniture manufacturer's that you recommend for their higher quality.

I'm looking for a recliner sofa with firmer cushion density with some support to my lumbar area.

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for but with all these complaints I've been reading, spending $2000 for a recliner sofa and love seat or chair, it could mean going for a trip to the dump in 5 to 10 years.

So I'd rather spend more in order to get something that will last and I'll be comfortable on for years to come.

Thank you Duane Cole and everyone else who has any advise for me.

I'm already learning so much by reading the many posts on this site

Default Re: Looking for a recliner sofa with a firm seat and good lumbar support due to bad b

I think any decent furniture will go far beyond 10 years...

"Bonded Leather" really isn't leather at all, its closer to plastic, actually.

With brands such as Hancock & Moore, you can ask for firmer lumbar cushion cores and they will make it custom for you at no charge.

The H&M Austin is pretty tough to beat overall. The Bradington Young 912 is also very nice at a 25% lower price point than the H&M. Both those are good places to start.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Steader66 Guest

Default Re: Looking for recliner chair, firm seat, neck spine surgery, not push head forward

Did you find one? I recently had cervical spine surgery and need a firm recliner that does not push my head forward.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowpokedad View Post
    I've had back surgery several years ago and may have to go for another back surgery next year. I'm looking at replacing my 22+ year old furniture with some pieces that would be more comfortable for me.

I am surprised to read all the complaints about quality issues with several well known manufacturers such as Lazy boy, Palliser, England etc....

I have a lazy boy recliner, which as I mentioned is over 22 years old and beside that in some places there's obvious wear, it's still fully functional and pretty comfortable. Yet friends of mine bought new Lazy boy recliner and they mentioned that it wasn't as well made as their old one was.

I don't mind spending money on furniture but I'd like to have it realistically for at least 10 years if not more if they last that long?

I have tried several different recliner sofa's but after reading some of the complaints online, not really sure about buying some of the manufacturer's that I mentioned.

I thought El Ran was higher quality but it seems they have a problem with their "bonded leather" peeling in a short time.

What recliner sofa do you recommend that has firm seating and good lumbar support?

Are there any Canadian Furniture manufacturer's that you recommend for their higher quality.

I'm looking for a recliner sofa with firmer cushion density with some support to my lumbar area.

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for but with all these complaints I've been reading, spending $2000 for a recliner sofa and love seat or chair, it could mean going for a trip to the dump in 5 to 10 years.

So I'd rather spend more in order to get something that will last and I'll be comfortable on for years to come.

Thank you Duane Cole and everyone else who has any advise for me.

I'm already learning so much by reading the many posts on this site