Thread: Bradington Young Wisner (4017) VS Vesta (4023)

asaasa3333 Guest

Default Bradington Young Wisner (4017) VS Vesta (4023)

Which one would you buy of the two - wisner or vesta?

http://www.bradington-young.com/hi-r...9012-49_ES.JPG
    http://www.bradington-young.com/hi-res/4023_908496.JPG

The 4017 / "wisner" from what I have read, passes with flying colors for a lot of people. We are leaning toward the 4023 / "vesta" for the look but since we cannot find one to sit in, we are trying to see if any of you good folks have seen / experienced this recliner and can suggest if it sits just as well or somewhat similar to the "wisner".

I am just trying to make sure that it is not something that will not be a comfortable movie watching recliner.

Default Re: Bradington Young Wisner (4017) VS Vesta (4023)

Pretty much the same chair, the Wisner has more roll to the arm, so likely to be just a little more comfy. But mostly its just which style you like the best.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

asaasa3333 Guest

Thanks - Agreed. The wisner would have to have more cushioning too coz it has only a 21" seat depth for the same overall depth of the sofa (or) probably has more pitch in the back than the vesta. Either way, it may be more comfier in non-recline mode - not so sure about the reclined mode. Plus, from the pictures, the wisner has a double cushion on the moving leg rest while the vesta has only one. Do these really make a difference to how comfortable a chair can be? I know this is subjective but any thoughts on this?

Finally, the biggest difference I noticed was that the Wisner comes with a standard premier down cushion while vesta comes with the foam. I have read somewhere else that premier down is generally considered the more preferred option (perhaps for comfort?). Is that true? If so, how much of an additional cost would it be to get the vesta in premier down?

If you are thinking of purchasing a Vesta recliner I wouldn't worry about 'foam' vs. 'premier down' in that either selection would be comfortable and the foam may actually retain the style of the Vesta more over time. The Vesta has a more 'architectural' or 'structured' look than the Wisner and the foam may hold that look a little more than a down cushion. With regard to your question about the double vs. single padding on the foot rest, I don't think it would make any difference in comfort.

Most likely those chairs are built on the same frame and you are seeing production variances in the dimensions. The Vesta series is new from that April Market and I have not had any come through my store, the Wisner however, is such a top seller that I always keep them in stock - in fact its the # 1 selling B-Y recliner in my store.

Yes, Premier down is usually an upgraded core and will be more plush. The Wisner is a more costly than the Vesta due to this feature and the more complex arms on the 4017.
    Duane Collie

asaasa3333 Guest

Ok. Comfort being the deciding factor, 4017 wins our vote. Thanks to wisejd, it made the choice clearer. Form/Structure holding cushions was not what I was looking for on this purchase - I wanted "more" comfort. As subjective as it is, and as hard as it is to try and understand how it will sit, sometimes, numbers (top selling) just don't lie. And now, it is time to wait.

goldem Guest

As someone who's happy with their 4017 Wisner, I think it's worth mentioning something I've encountered in mine. It seems like the nice and comfy rolled arms' side padding can make the seat cushion and footrest a little tight on the reclining action if they're very thickly padded, at last when using the married cover. I'm a fan of the feel/hand of the cover and don't regret choosing it, but when I got my 4104 Alta in a 9017 cover I was amazed in the difference of how smooth/easy it could be to recline compared to the Wisner. I thought maybe it was just a difference in tension with the mechanism, but I started to notice the slight stuttering/groaning of the seat cushion and footrest I didn't see at all in the Alta and realized where the stiffness in the recline was probably coming from.

It's entirely possible the difference is between the smooth pull-up of the 9017 cover and the matte/softer finish of the Wisner's married cover, but it is something I figured it was worth mentioning in case you were looking at a different cover (the 9017 is fantastic BTW and I heartily recommend it).

Duane can probably fill you in if the reclining action on the 4017 Wisner is any different based on his deep experience with recliners/covers, and like I said it's very possible mine is just a slight deviation in the hand-made process.

Still very happy with the Wisner in the married cover since it's a great sitting piece and feels wonderful on the hands, just wish it was a bit easier to tilt back.

If you have some friction on your recliner where the leather meets leather when in motion, take a little baby powder or Talc and put in there - it really smooths it out. Not too much, its white remember.
    Duane Collie

asaasa3333 Guest

goldem, thanks for sharing that information. We considered the 9017 (gold & tan) but the chairs were going to get about an hour of sunlight in the morning and so we needed a finished cover. 9049 was also soft to the touch like 9017 and so it may not have the same issue. Glad to hear that you like the 4017 anyway -