I wear soft contact lenses, and because I have a very high/odd prescription, there are only a few makers that can do my lenses. I'm also a Kaiser Permanente plan member and have used their optical services for 30 years. It came time to order a new round of lenses, and I always cringe a little as they are $ 139 per set at Kaiser and then come in a 4-pack. so the total was $ 556 for each order. And Kaiser is slooooooooooooooowwwww in getting them to me (they have to be custom made from the maker) with an average wait time of one month. I call to order last month and am told there has been a price increase and now they are $ 189 a set, for a total of $ 756 for the 4-pack. COME ON !! I gripe at the poor lady that does the contact lenses (just a little, I know its not her fault) and she says over the phone in a whisper "You might want to ask us to fax you your prescription and then go check prices at www.visiondirect.com, but you didn't hear that from me..."

So I do just that. And the visiondirect.com website is VERY easy to use and its VERY easy to type in your prescription and they charged me $ 66 per set of lenses for the exact same product, 1/3 the price. I was pretty stunned by that, and gladly ordered. They arrived in 2 weeks instead of four, same packing as from Kaiser and the same brand (no generic or substitutions). While I don't mind any company making a profit (hey, its what I do, too) to be three times higher than buying on-line is tough. Best of all, visiondirect.com can set you up for automatic re-orders billed to your credit card, so your new supply arrives a few weeks before you need them automatically.

So there ya go - just passing it along to help forum members save a little money on their contact lenses. I'm definitely sold on using that service at twice the speed to re-supply and 1/3 the price, whats not to like?