Thread: Burnished leather for Luxe chair?

whiterook Guest

Default Burnished leather for Luxe chair?

I'm thinking about Cameo Carmel Burnished for a pair of Luxe chairs. But I'm having second thoughts -- I'm wondering (1) whether the antiqued look of the burnish clashes with the modern look of the Luxe and (2) whether the Luxe in burnished leather clashes with my pair of Rachel sofas, which are in Piazza cloud.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions for alternative leathers. Thanks!

P.S. My first post to this forum, but I’ve been studying it for weeks. A great resource!

Default Re: Burnished leather for Luxe chair?

Burnished leather on a luxe chair would look smashing. It's a totally different look than Piazza Cloud, but sometimes dramatic differences are a lot of fun as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

whiterook Guest

My understanding is that Piazza Cloud is protected and is evenly colored, but Cameo is both unprotected and antiqued. When you say dramatic difference, I guess you mean that Cameo is different in two dimensions -- it is unprotected (and will develop a patina) and is burnished (which further adds character). Between these two extremes, are there unprotected leathers that are not burnished that would fit better with our sofas? Would you recommend another class III unprotected leather?

Before committing to Cameo for Luxe, I want to make sure I've done my homework and evaluated other options. We bought the Rachel sofas with relatively modest research in leather types because we saw a floor sample we really liked. We're happy with the decision, but we also want to try unprotected leathers. We saw the leather on an amazing Adirondack chair in Cameo Carmel that lead us to this leather.

At the end of the day there is no right or wrong, its just what you like. To try to say that a particular leather will look right with your sofa through an imaginary vision won't be doing you any favors, because there is no way I (or anyone else) can tell you that any more than you can tell me which tie will look good with my dark navy blue khakis. You don't have enough information or any visuals to make a recommendation, nor do I as to what is suitable for your room based on a simple text description. For validation on color choices and leather types you pretty much have to take your best shot or hire a professional decorator who can come into your home and lay out a color pallet for you to follow. I happen to like dramatic differences and bursts of color and contrast, but that's me. I work with furniture every day and the 'ordinary' color combos are totally boring for me. But they may not be for you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

asaasa3333 Guest

I was new to the forum last year and I had similar questions about how protected, unprotected and burnished leathers would work together. We ended up getting a burnished sofa and pairing two chairs with a taupe protected leather (non-H&M). You are doing it the other way around with the sofas in piazza and the luxe in burnished, which may be better. Burnished leathers have a very nice and unique look and I think it will be good.

Choice of colors being subjective, to me, whiskey burnished, weston cane burnished, walnut burnished work better.