In trying to research upholstery fabrics for reupholstering sofas I have found it very confusing. I need to make a selection in next day or so and really confused! Needing a neutral fabric which basically reads as a solid color, but yet isn't going to look too blah.
1) Many of the fabrics are 100% polyester with the "S" code. Are these fabrics going to show oily spots and be hard to keep clean? Some have a nice "hand" to them. Are todays polyesters going to pill much or stain much? What are the pros and cons of 100% polyester?
2) People say to get a blend - and suggest Poly-cotton. What would be acceptable percents of the polyester and the cotton? Will cleaning oil spots, arm rest soil, etc. be an issue?
3) Many upholsterers and cleaning professionals have said stay away from anything with Rayon and viscose which is a rayon product. What are your thoughts. Seems there are sooooo.... many rayon blends on the market. Your thoughts????? If rayon is in the blend, how much would be acceptable?
4) Acrylic I have heard is not that great and often causes pilling. Thoughts???
5) For what I need done Crypton gets a little too thick.
Whatever advice you can give me will be extremely appreciated. Seems I can't find a fabric that is a winner!