Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fall 2014 High Point Furniture Market Visit and Photos

Default Re: Fall 2014 High Point Furniture Market Visit and Photos

Surely, you can contact me via phone at 703-360-6399 or PM here on the forum, or email to dcollie@keepingroom.com.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

scone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The best part about sharing the Market Photos is that you get to see things that you would NEVER put together in a store showroom yourself. It's simply too much risk of the unknown. Some of these combos I wouldn't even attempt to do myself for a customer - just too risky. However when you see them made up, some of them are flat out stunning. That's why I photograph the tag on a lot of items, so if you say "I want it like in the photo", we can re-create it as we have the specs for the build. Perhaps the only thing that was a total snooze at H&M was the new 'build it your way' program, which I took some photos of but its just so well......plain......that it didn't inspire me to want to get any of it. I can get plain pieces from over 300 makers at Market, everyone does ordinary. You get Hancock and Moore because you want exceptional !
    Thanks for the photos! I have to say, I really liked the "your way"pieces, precisely because they are simple, timeless classics. To me, simplicity is its own reward, at least when it's done with great craftsmanship. I'd be interested in learning more about this program, since I couldn't find anything except a 'launch lunch' announcement when I googled. Thanks again.

All these programs from these makers such as H&M's "Your Way" promotion require a buy-in from a dealer, where I have to purchase 10 to 12 seats and maintain them on my floor in order to qualify for it. I didn't see anything in that program that we can't get in the existing Town and Country lineup so I chose not to buy into it, and therefore have no further information on it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

scone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    All these programs from these makers such as H&M's "Your Way" promotion require a buy-in from a dealer, where I have to purchase 10 to 12 seats and maintain them on my floor in order to qualify for it. I didn't see anything in that program that we can't get in the existing Town and Country lineup so I chose not to buy into it, and therefore have no further information on it.
    Fair enough. It may be a moot point, since I showed the Thames chair to my husband, and he really liked it.