Thread: A microfiber that really cleans up.

Default A microfiber that really cleans up.

I tried out a new microfiber in my factory the other day. It was one of the 24/7 100% nylon fabrics from Microfibres, Inc. in Winston-Salem, NC. I took an off-white swatch and drew a line with a ball point pen. Then I took a new thick black permanent magic marker and drew another line. I waited one hour to make sure both stains had plenty of time to set. Then I tried to remove them with liquid hand soap and a paper towel. The ball point pen ink came out completely in about 3 seconds. The magic marker took about 5 minutes of hard scrubbing, but it too came out. The sales rep told me I should be able to get out any stain except mustard. The extra charge for the 24/7 treatment seems to be well worthwhile. The 24/7 treatment is built right into the fiber and remains working for the life of the fabric. It is not a spray-on treatment that wears off eventually.

Impressive! Ball point pen ink alone plays havoc with any cover and the fact that it can stand up to a marker is even more impressive.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.