Thread: Pre-planning Nursery

lopez.jenni06 Guest

Default Pre-planning Nursery

Hi,
    My sister is very soon expecting a baby and i would like to prepare a Nursery for the baby.Could you please help me in finding the right shop for the various furnishing items required.
    Thanks.

lopez.jenni06 Guest

Default Re: Pre-planning Nursery

Hi,
    Thanks,but i wanted to know the shops of California which offer a good range of Furnitures in and around California.I would love to gift the baby with a furnished Nursery.

lopez.jenni06 Guest

Hi,
    Thanks for your kind help.I would be really grateful if you would provide me the address of the friend of yours who could help me.....
    Thanks.

lopez.jenni06 Guest

Hi,
    I am very thankful for your kind help.Actually i m unable to decide the right furnitures for the room.Even i know that comfort is very important but all the sites tell that their furnitures are comfortable and the other problem is that i have no idea about baby's and their requirements.I shall be really obliged if you could help me any further.Upon visiting a site so many varieties of stuffs attract our attention but it is a fact that we cannot use all of them into our rooms.Could somebody please help me in this problem.If required then i could give the dimensions of my room.
    Thanks.

Sarah Guest

Congratulations to your sister! What an exciting time this will be!

My husband and I have a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old so the "new nursery" stage happened not too long ago in our household.

"Needs" vs "wants" will really play in here. What the baby NEEDS is a safe crib (don't buy a used one) and a dresser of some type to keep his or her clothing items in.

A lot of people also buy a changing table but you can just as easily place a changing pad on top of your flat-topped dresser.

A rocking chair or nursing / feeding chair can be nice to have too.

As cute as those nursery baby sets are with all of the cute bedding, it is not recommended to give blankets of any type to babies since it increases the risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). Instead, parents are encouraged to dress their babies warmly on cool nights. You will need the fitted crib sheets though - LOTS of them since the sheets will constantly need washing.

Again, safety is the most important thing for a nursery so please make that your top priority. You have to think through every little detail. For example, if the baby's furniture is painted, make sure that it is non-toxic paint (kids tend to "chew" on their cribs when they are teething).

thefurnitureman Guest

How about shopping online?

For the "money is no object" nursery, we have unique antique cradles and custom-made cradles with a similar design.

I saw a cradle built on a similar model a while back, a real work of art, but I can't presently find an image. (Granted, we're probably still in the five figure price range, for a cradle the baby will quickly outgrow, so....)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morrison-cradle.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Victorian-cradle.jpeg 
Views:	313 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	858  

A cot that may be good for... a trip from Planet Krypton to Earth?