Thread: Stickley sofa very similar to H&M

vhoward Guest

Default Stickley sofa very similar to H&M

Is it just me or does the Stickley Tahoe and H&M Sundance look extremely similar? The difference looks like Tahoe is straight not curved and less deep. Weird!

Default Re: Stickley sofa very similar to H&M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_96-9028-89_Tahoe_na_s_.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	6638Name:  4716_Sundance_SO3_SM.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  7.1 KB They certainly are similar in style, but the Sundance with it's straighter arm and curve along it's length, as well as the more interesting slight curve along the top of the back cushions is more stylish to me. The Sundance has a significantly more angled back than the Tahoe. No question they both look great.

vhoward Guest

I noticed several that are so similar it's interesting. Esp since Stickley has H&M in their stores.
    Maybe a little crossover?

We went to a Stickley store three weeks ago - one way you can easily tell a Stickley from a H&M is to:

1) sit in it - when you sit in a H&M your derriere doesn't try to hit the floor (I do weigh 220) whereas the H&M easily supports you. Also, I have sat in Stickley chairs where if I just lean right and left I can feel the chair frame sway ever so slightly - this does not happen with a H&M chair.

2) Look at the workmanship - look at al of the seams and how well the leather is tucked in. From 10' away they might look similar in workmanship, but not from 3' or 4' away.

Another thing about the picture of the above two couches - the Sundance (in person) is a gorgeously executed piece - gorgeous curves and detail! From the picture of the above Stickley sofa it looks (sorry) just a little clunky to my eye.

vhoward Guest

Thanks for that info! I do agree the Sundance is gorgeous. If it wasn't too deep for our space we would go with that style. I love the back detail.
    By chance did you "sit" in a Lynne or Rugby? Our retailer here had only 3 styles, Sundance, City and a really modern small sofa.
    I will be purchasing H&M but will love any info. I am 5'7, my hubs is 5'10. And will be for our family room. I don't like the big overstuffed pillow styles.
    Any thoughts?

You must already know this, but I just measured our Sundance which is backed up against the wall, and it measures exactly 50". The Rugby is my absolute favorite H&M Style, but I don't know that it is shallower than the Sundance.