Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock Moore rodeo power recliner

BYUGRL Guest

Default Hancock Moore rodeo power recliner

I am very interested in the HM RODEO power recliner but would like to actually sit in one at a showroom if possible. My husband is 6'2" and 260#, so he needs room and i like to have my Bichon Frise sitting next to me so the extra room is a plus. Just hoping to get feedback on this recliner before spending that kind of money.
    Also, we tend to like a lighter honey to cognac colored leather and any suggestions on leather color would be appreciated.
    We live in Alexandria, LA AND DON't have access to Hancock Moore showrooms with any kind of selections nearby. We would be willing to fly to locale if necessary to try out this model, if necessary.
    All input is greatly appreciated

Donna Futrell
    BYUGRL
    Last edited by BYUGRL; 12-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Default Re: Hancock Moore rodeo power recliner

The H&M Rodeo is a very handsome unit, sits well, and because of the detail on it is one of the more pricey units they offer. If you like those color tones, then consider some of the Burnished leathers which look great on that piece such as Imperial, Buckingham, Cameo, Hyde Park, etc. There is no database of what dealer floors what models, the only way to locate one to try out is to call each individual store. Likely you will not find one on the floor because that unit has not been on promotion in years. Dealers buy promo units for stock. You can go to Hickory NC at the H&M factory to see one coming off the production line if you wish, that can be arranged. You would have to be there Monday through Thursday and within 48 hours of it coming off the line, however. You also would get a primo tour of H&M and how they build the furniture. I can find when one is scheduled to be done by request.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BYUGRL Guest

Yes, if you can let me know when one is being assembled, that would be great.
    Do you think this chair would be comfortable for a 6'3" --260# man with back problems??
    I dont mind a wide chair due to my bichon sitting next to me at all times.
    Can we order the chair thru you if we can't find local dealer????

There are actually two Rodeo series recliners.

# 7100-PR is the conventional recliner that can be ordered as a power unit
    # 9030-10 is the power station unit. that is a recliner.

I won't be so bold as to tell you what will be comfortable, however if you do make a trip to H&M's factory there will be lots of different styles to try out in varying stages of production. Tours are done Monday through Thursdays, though you can go on a Friday as long as you don't mind skipping the tour.

I'm checking with H&M to see when they will have one being built. If you know which model it is you want to see, that might make it easier to pin down as well.
    Duane Collie

Update:

There are no 7100's or 9030-10's currently in production or scheduled. You may want to check back in 60 days.
    Duane Collie

BYUGRL Guest

the model we are looking at is the 9030-10 Rodeo. Thank you very much for checking on the production of a Rodeo at HM factory. We live in Louisiana and don't have HM dealer nearby, could we order these 2 Rodeo recliners thru your store?
    I trust you shipping knowledge and dedication to making sure the items arrives undamaged.
    If so, can we get a price estimate on the #9030-10.
    Thanks

The 9030-10 is a pretty nice chair, and is called a 'power station' because its not only motorized, but has a USB port in a flip-up armrest to accommodate plug-in electronics. I can ship to Louisiana, certainly. Before I can do price quotes I would need to get the cover (leather) you would like on the chair. I will tell you this is the most detailed and highest priced recliner in the H&M lineup.

On shipping, you have a various choices. 1) You can select your own shipper by putting it out for bids on places like www.uship.com, 2) you can use my default delivery service which is West Express, and they are a balance of price and service (about 3% damage rates) or you go with 3) Plycon Van Lines who will bring it to you in the H&M boxes and be several hundred more in cost than West Express. I have never had a damage claim through Plycon in my 15 years of using them - they are not the least expensive, however. 4) We can use Hancock & Moore's Guaranteed Freight Program where it is carried to a loading dock of your choice in your area in the H&M packing. This is very quick, and very reliable, however it must go to a commercial address that can take an 18-wheeler delivery, and you will have to arrange to get it into your home yourself (local moving and storage companies accept this kind of delivery on a regular basis).

It's very important to realize that the shipping company is responsible for all damages in transit, not the seller. Many people lose sight of that fact and want to hold the dealer responsible in the event of shipping damages, and that is not how commerce and transport works. Therefore I cannot assure you that anything will arrive undamaged, its out of my control - I can simply offer you options and you may choose which you feel will work best for you.
    Duane Collie

BYUGRL Guest

drcollie--the color we have picked for the 2 Rodeo power recliners is "Weston Sunrise Burnished"--it seems to have a nice cognac mix running thru the brown/whiskey background color. If you can give me an estimate on the Model #9030-10 in that leather, I would appreciate it. We will be checking with delivery companies for shipping info. I thank you for the leads you gave me--We would very much prefer to have them shipped in crates and uncrated at our door--even if we have to uncrate them ourselves. One question--Do you know how much the 9030-10 weighs????? I bet it is pretty heavy!
    I realize you can't be responsible for damages in shipping. I did not write my message correctly--I really meant to say-" I trust the experience you have with shipping items and trust you would choose a company that would do the best job for the money".

Weston Sunrise burnished is a nice hide....be sure to get a sample prior to ordering, never buy on a photo alone. I'll PM you pricing. Weight on one of these is listed at 110 lb each, but I think they are closer to 140 lb each. I can sling a regular recliner around by myself, but no way I can hump one of these by myself. If I had two of these to order myself, and i wasn't willing to risk damage, I'd pay the extra money and use Plycon Van Lines myself, and have them unpacked in my driveway. You'll pay $ 300 or more for the pair than my standard default delivery company, but I'm never had a damage incident with Plycon.
    Duane Collie

krobert2 Guest

Is it possible to order Bradington Young furniture and have it delivered in the manufacturer’s packing? We’ve ordered furniture from two different companies in North Carolina three times over the years. The first two times it was other brand names but the pieces came undamaged in the boxes at the curb. The last time it was BY but both pieces arrived damaged (Star Delivery White Glove not in the boxes). We live in Central Indiana (Indianapolis area). Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.