Thread: H&M Austin Highback Sofa and Loveseat help

catch55 Guest

Post H&M Austin Highback Sofa and Loveseat help

Hello,

I'm 6'2 and 300 lbs. I've sat on the standard Austin here locally and loved it, but can't find a highback to try. I think I would prefer the highback? My questions are:

1. Can/Should I upgrade to heavier springs and cushions because of my size?

2. Are these free or expensive upgrades?

3. Did anything change regarding the min. price long distance sales with H&M?

4. Is it a huge upcost to change color from the 3 standard colors? Leaning towards the Document Chesnut of those 3.

John

Default Re: H&M Austin Highback Sofa and Loveseat help

Yes, at your size DEFINITELY do the High Back Series.

You may want to consider a reinforced frame @ 300 lb. While not required, you are at the threshold of max service duty specs. Reinforced frames are not very costly, its usually around $ 100 per piece. Cushion cores are the same, but you may want to spec extra fire (Q21 cores).

I ship to all locations these days.

There are not 'standard colors' per se, but (4) leathers in the Town and Country program which are promotional hides and price-friendly. In the Austin Series they are CAVALIER: Navy and Oxblood DOCUMENT: Chestnut and Tobacco.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

catch55 Guest

I read on another thread about upgrading to heavy duty springs. It was refering to the Austin Chair though. Is that an option on the couch?

Do you know if the cushions on the loveseat are interchangeable with the outside cushions on the couch? We sit on the couch way more than the LS and It would be nice to be able to rotate the cushions to extend the life.

Is there any other upgrades you would recommend to extend the life of the unit?

Please quote: H&M High Back Sofa and Loveseat with Reinforced frames, Q21 cores, Heavy duty springs (if its an option). Can you quote with Berkshire Ebony and Document Chestnut? I just want to see the cost difference. Delivered to Metro Detroit area.

Yes, you specify a reinforced FRAME on any H&M piece, which is basically reinforced corner-blocking - however for stationary pieces you really don't need it, save the money (if you were 400 lb. then yes). There is not a heavy-duty spring option. Cushion cores can be rotated left to right, but why bother? If you are the original purchaser of a H&M piece and ever need new cores on either seats or backs, they are sent to you free of charge for as long as you own the piece. Cushion casings are not swappable. The secret to keeping the pieces in good shape is regular leather cleaning and conditioning, with damp cloth wipe-downs in between treatments. Don't place the pieces in direct sunlight, and don't let kids use them as trampolines - ever. Do that and you've just taken care of 95% of all things that deteriorate your pieces. I don't do price quotes on the forum at H&M's request - will PM those to you instead.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

catch55 Guest

Thanks for all your help!

Give me a week or so. Not firm on the color.