Thread: Recliner Handle

deskjockey Guest

Question Recliner Handle

So, I bought this leather Bradington Young swivel rocker recliner. Forgot to ask the salesman this basic question.

The handle/lever for opening the foot rest is located by the cushion. What is the correct procedure for opening and closing the footrest?

Default Re: Recliner Handle

The handle is spring loaded. Simply pull to open. To close, push down hard on the footrest with your heels, not the back of your thighs on the seat cushion (you will get a cushion trap if you do an prematurely break down the seat cushion foam)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

deskjockey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The handle is spring loaded. Simply pull to open. To close, push down hard on the footrest with your heels, not the back of your thighs on the seat cushion (you will get a cushion trap if you do an prematurely break down the seat cushion foam)
    Push down the footrest with heel while one is seated on the recliner?

I thought the same thing when I got my recliner. Put your hands on the arms and push down when you push down with your heels. You'll get it. Good luck.

deskjockey Guest

Got it. Thanks. I got a goood recliner after looking around for sometime. The rocking mechanism is so much better.