Thread: new here and frustrated over leather sofas

orie Guest

Default new here and frustrated over leather sofas

Hi guys- heard lots of good people with lots of knowledge are here so I came for help... plus, from checking out the gardenweb, this is the place for some answers. In the market for leather sofa and chair. I've done so homework from the info. on gardenweb. Checking out Pallister and Jaymar leather motion sofas and recliners. I like the Jaymar motion sofa and also one of the Pallisers was nice. Comparing apples to apples, which one is the better quality brand and sofa? We love the look of the Jaymar and can get the motion sofa and recliner chair for $2500. These are the floor models and are in great shape. He's had them there for 8 months and won't be bringing in anymore motion ones so he's letting these go at a good price, I think. The Pallister (Palliser?) was very comfy and nice looking but for some reason.... it just looked cheaper... and looked like a recliner, where the Jaymar did NOT look like a recliner. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by orie View Post
    Hi guys- heard lots of good people with lots of knowledge are here so I came for help... plus, from checking out the gardenweb, this is the place for some answers. In the market for leather sofa and chair. I've done so homework from the info. on gardenweb. Checking out Pallister and Jaymar leather motion sofas and recliners. I like the Jaymar motion sofa and also one of the Pallisers was nice. Comparing apples to apples, which one is the better quality brand and sofa? We love the look of the Jaymar and can get the motion sofa and recliner chair for $2500. These are the floor models and are in great shape. He's had them there for 8 months and won't be bringing in anymore motion ones so he's letting these go at a good price, I think. The Pallister (Palliser?) was very comfy and nice looking but for some reason.... it just looked cheaper... and looked like a recliner, where the Jaymar did NOT look like a recliner. What do you think?
    Welcome to the new forum! I moved your post to the LEATHER category as it was mostly concerning specific questions. I don't have enough experience with the Jaymar and Pallisers brands to comment, but I think Steve O does, hopefully he'll be able to assist.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

soster Guest

You have good eyes. Both are good but Jaymar is the better product. They designed their recliners to have a classier look. Their quality is better. The Jaymar is the Lexus. In the market its considered a premium product.

This is a very good price you're quoted.

orie Guest

soster- thanks so much for the help. I don't really care for recliners but my husband has his heart set on one. Since this one doesn't look like one, I'll surrender! We'll be on our way to buy the sofa and chair today! We really can't pass up the deal. Nice people at this family store (Furniture Showcase in Raleigh). They'll even deliver for free (Labor Day perk). The leather is a nice brown. Maybe not the color I would've ordered but it's pretty enough. The only other thing I would've liked is an ottoman, though with it being a recliner, I really don't need it... but it would serve as a table and extra seating. Any ideas where I could get a nice large square or rectangular one, bottom in leather and top in fabric? I like the big flat one that The Keeping Room has. Oh, Fearless Leader, what are my options for that one? I believe it has 2-tone leather, I think I saw 2 of them, different colors.

Which one? Have a web link of the one you saw that you liked? (Ottoman)
    Duane Collie

orie Guest

It's a Leathercraft ottoman. The numbers on the 2 I like are: 916-04/SQ1 and 916-04/SQ2. We did buy the Jaymar sofa and chair today. Got a great deal on them but I'd really like an ottoman so I'm now searching for one. I like the two I mention here but don't know what my options would be regarding the upholstery-- can I do leather/fabric combo or can only leather be done. Just curious. I really like their shape and size. Thanks

Excellent! You got a good deal on your Jaymar it sounds like.

The Leathercraft Ottomans can be built any way you like. All leather, or leather/fabric combos. You'd be $ 938 and up on the SQ1 model in Grade 1, and $ 829 and up on the SQ2 unit, plus shipping. Wait until next month and they'll be 20 % off those prices the whole month of October!
    Duane Collie