Thread: Low rider sectional

nooneofimport Guest

Default Low rider sectional

Hello People that Know Things about Furniture!

I know nothing about furniture and I need new living room furniture. My wife and I have settled on a leather sectional that goes all the way to the ground. I've been looking at this forum and checking into the the recommended brands and all their furniture has feet. Our current furniture has feet, maybe 5 or 6 inches tall and we have 2 kids and 2 dogs so unless we clean under the furniture everyday everything in the house and 6 metric tons of dog hair migrate under the couches. Is there a well made sectional that doesn't have feet? Can I take the feet off? Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Low rider sectional

In a high quality unit that uses coil springs (referred to as 8-way hand-tied), you can't go flat on the ground with it, as there is some movement on the base webbing when the sofa/sectional is sat upon. In other words, the springs need a little room to travel. Also floors are uneven in every house ever made, so you would get a high/low spot going flush to ground - you need to the four corners and some kind of footed base to keep from having a high-low wobble.. You'll want the unit raised slightly off the floor, if even only 3/4 of an inch. Some contemporary styles give the appearance of flush to the floor but they are on adjustable screw-jack feet that are set inside the frame and will maintain that free space under the piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

nooneofimport Guest

Default Re: Low rider sectional

That makes sense. Thank you.