Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pairing suggestions needed

pucks104 Guest

Default Re: Pairing suggestions needed

Thoughts about the Ritz sofa or the Robinson non-tufted. I prefer a tight back and DH is more comfortable with a 20.5"-21" seat height.

Your room is very tight, so you have to be careful not to put too much furniture in there. Is this room primarily for two and to watch TV? If so, I might consider a dual recliner power sofa for the one main wall and then minimalist chairs for flanking the TV that will really only be used by visitors, etc. That may be the best solution for both comfort and stretching out but it will limit you to once piece. Also, your ingress points would have to be large enough to physically get a piece like that into the room.

Option 2 is to go with a narrow, small sofa and make the two chairs a little larger, but I think you would have to use a wall hugger chair recliner due to the space constraints and they tend to be a bit smaller than traditional recliners.

I'm a believer in keeping clear and free space in a room and try to avoid clutter and over-crowding.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

pucks104 Guest

I agree about keeping the room uncluttered as I find really cluttered spaces make it difficult to relax. The room is primarily used for DH and I to watch TV but it is our only space when we have someone else visit. Would the Jameswood count as a minimalist chair? Or do you have other suggestions? I hope we can see the Oscar power recline sofa today as that is probably the only one of those that I think won't completely over power the room. Most are quite large visually.
    Last edited by pucks104; 01-17-2015 at 09:41 PM.

pucks104 Guest

Well, DH and I had an enjoyable several hours at Furnitureland South in High Point today. They didn't have the models we wanted to try but they did have an Arrington Quilted Back Sofa that we both loved. It didn't hurt that it was in Envy Cream that was incredible to touch. We had tried the loose back Arrington previously and though pretty good it didn't offer enough support for the lower back. The quilted back version remedies that issue and we both really liked it. We also tried out the Taylor King Sebastian, a club chair model, that was really comfortable. I loved the way the chairs were presented in camel with nail and leather trim. Would this style chair complement the Arrington Quilted Back Sofa? Also Duane how would it work to quilt the back of the Arrington Tilt Back Chair should we decide to go that route? The hand of the Envy leather might make it worth the splurge. I wouldn't choose Envy Cream though it was stunning but maybe one of the other colors.

pucks104 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	6798Taylor King Sebastian Chair

The Jameswood has a pretty large footprint, so its a full size chair, however visually its lighter in perceived weight because of its openness.

Yes you can quilt the back of the Arrington chair, it adds $ 125 to the price if doing just the back cushion. Envy is quite the leather, isn't it? Very distinctive and rich in appearance.
    Duane Collie

pucks104 Guest

Duane, I have swatches for Envy Chocolate, Mink and Stone. The chocolate has too much of a red undertone if I decide on Sherwin Williams Sawdust as the paint color which looks really nice in the room. From the little leather swatches the mink is more brown and the stone more gray perhaps with a touch of green undertone. Have you seen pieces made up in these leathers? When you see Envy Stone does it look cold as large gray things sometimes can? The other leather that I am considering is Quintessence Navy. The navy looks beautiful with the paint color. My hesitation is two-fold: will I likely tire of a navy blue sofa over time and will the navy color be a rich dark navy?
    Does anyone else have thoughts about a navy sofa versus dark brown or dark gray?
    Last edited by pucks104; 01-18-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Don't make the mistake of keying a paint chip to a leather sample and going for a particular color match. All anilines hides vary from batch to batch, expect as much as 20 % color variance. Swatches are alway representative of the product you will get, but not exactly like it. I seen the Enny made up but its impossible to remember color hues from several months ago..sorry.

Quintessence Navy is a gorgeous hide. I don't see how anyone would get tired of it.
    Duane Collie

pucks104 Guest

I think we have about decided on the Arrington Quilted Sofa in Quintessence Navy. Probably the Arrington Tlit back chair with a quilted back in Quintessence Olive. A Taylor Smith Sebastian Club Chair in a cream (they have some nice cream performance fabrics). The wall color will be Sherwin Williams Favorite Tan which is the paint chip between Ramie and Sawdust. A rug with navy, olive green, cream and red. Then red as the accent color. My question is which wood finish should I choose for the sofa and chair legs, end tables and media console? Also which nail trim would look good?

I like the "A" nail (French Polished) with the Navy, myself. As to let finishes, just take a look at them on the H&M website and make a pick.
    Duane Collie