Thread: Hancock & Moore 5858ST-PL desk chair and Keeping Room buying experience

scottshiv Guest

Default Hancock & Moore 5858ST-PL desk chair and Keeping Room buying experience

My new city sofa and 5858ST-PL desk chair arrived yesterday. Everything is fine but I do have a question. There was no hangtag with the chair. I tried Google to see if there were some instructions for the functions for the two knobs under the seat and how to raise and lower the chair but I was unsuccessful. I also went to the H&M website and that was no help either. So, how do I raise and lower the chair and what functions do the two knobs under the chair perform?

The sofa turned out great and the added nail trim really does dress it up. The movers had no trouble getting it through the door and I began to wonder if I should have purchased the larger version of the city sofa. The Columbia blackberry is a very handsome color made up. The fit is very good for short people. I am relieved that the sofa turned out so well since I was not able to find sample locally to try before my purchase.

Thank you for your help and a pleasant buying experience. A good place to shop even though y'all are half way across the country.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore 5858ST-PL desk chair and Keeping Room buying experience

The hangtags never make the trip when using a delivery service, they are always tossed in the trash by the unpackers. You don't know how many hours I have invested trying to get that taken care of - its like trying to get Congress in agreement on something. I've even asked H&M to attach to the furniture using hi-strength stringers, but then they might be difficult to remove. Sorry. However even if the hangtags make the trip, there are no operating instructions on the office chairs.

One lever under the seat locks the seat from tilting to and fro. This will be the lever on the left side near the front of the chair as you are sitting in it. The right side lever controls the height ot the chair, however you have to de-weight the chair seat as you operate it by pulling it "UP" to allow the gas strut to do its work. To lower the chair, push DOWN on that right side lever, no need to de-weight it when going down.

The City is one of the most popular sofas H&M builds and I like the way the added nail trim looks on it as well. Thank you for your patronage! I appreciate the business and with this marvel we call the internet, we can do everything as my brick and mortar customers do here in Wash DC except see each other face to face. Enjoy the new sofa!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

scottshiv Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore 5858ST-PL desk chair and Keeping Room buying experience

Thank you. I finally figured out how to recline the chair but the raising and lowering had me baffled.

Don't be confuzzled, pick up the phone and give me a ring anytime if you can't figure out the way something works, I'm glad to explain it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.