Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations desperately needed

youngbuyer Guest

Default Re: Recommendations desperately needed

Ok this is it!!!! I know what I love when I see it apparently! What gr3 leather,nails, wood color should I select to get this same look in my grant 3 way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	6836  

Youngbuyer, You may have already found the 2014 Town & Country Program thread, but if not I would suggest you take a look at the information. You will find all the pieces that are offered in this promotional H&M Program and also the Leathers they are offered in. Once you find something you like, you can visit the H&M Web Site and under the pull down menu for Products you will see one item labeled "Leathers". There you can see the leather colors a little better and if you click on one you like you will also be able to enlarge that sample to get a better feel for the texture look. Any photo you find on the forum can be clicked on and then clicked on again for a much larger view. Looking at your room and your comments I have to recommend that you take a good look at the Sundance Sofa because I think you would like the look and feel of the leather and the comfort of the Sofa. It also has one of the best looking Backs which would be perfect in your room. Also it would look good with the Grant. I have visited some showrooms that have quite a number of H&M styles and did have an opportunity to sit in the Austin, but also found the look less stylish than many other pieces. Quite a number of the H&M Sofa styles are very comfortable even as though they may not be quite up to the Austin's feel. We love the Sundance in that it it quite stylish and has a high back and very comfortable sit.

The photo you posted looks like a Tabasco Color leather to me ...it may be an unprotected but if you look at all the leathers on the H&M site you will see quite a number of Tobacco colors in protected leathers that may meet your needs as you have described.
    Last edited by wisejd; 01-27-2015 at 07:12 PM.

That's a Pull up hide that has seen a LOT of use to get to that point. Look at Tiburon and Tuscany series. It will take a couple of years of daily use to get it look like that. For instant gratification, the Sedona leathers will simulate that look, but won't be as genuine as wearing in a new pull-up hide.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

That's a Pull up hide that has seen a LOT of use to get to that point. Look at Tiburon and Tuscany series. It will take a couple of years of daily use to get it look like that. For instant gratification, the Sedona leathers will simulate that look, but won't be as genuine as wearing in a new pull-up hide.

She informed me "just have your unprotected 'sprayed' here before you have it delivered and it will be just like a protected." This is really bad advice. NEVER buy a "protection program" from any store, its nothing but a profit add-on and can - and has - damaged the leather used on the pieces. If you have pre-mature hide failure on an H&M piece, even though its not 'warrantied', your dealer and H&M are going to take a look at it. The leather will be lab-tested to see if it has had any 'treatments' applied to it and if it has - you're out of luck. If the bad leather tests clean then likely it will be replaced for you. I've seen this happen many times, and the majority of the time when a leather fails its because it had a top coat treatment such as "Guardian" products that caused the leather to fail.

As for rubbing hand lotion into the hides on a regular basis - wonder where they came up with that one?!??! Wow.
    Duane Collie

youngbuyer Guest

Thank you again for all of the valuable information!

Wisejd- thanks for your input and direction. Have you sat on a Kodiak sofa? I'm leaning towards that simply bc of its style with the grant and its measurements, but am nervous to buy without sitting on one. Do you own unprotected yourself? I'm leaning towards buying unprotected with my only reservations being my toddlers' accidents and my occasional wine spill. I just do not like like look or feel of anything protected. Have you seen Tiburon colors on any pieces? It is so hard for me to tell from a swatch, but I'm leaning towards one of the Tiburon colors but don't know with the 20% variance which to select to receive my desired color in the final product.

Drcollie- thank you again for the advice. I'm going to be calling you, as soon as I make a color selection, to place an order and I'm sure with about 8 million more questions abt said order (sorry!). I was hoping the hand lotion suggestion wasn't great advice bc my toddler has skin allergies and sitting on lotion wouldn't be great.

I think I have made a few decisions. I am leaning towards the Grant 3 way lounger, the Kodiak sofa and a larger cocktail ottoman. From scouring the site for days I found a member 'crunchysue' who purchased a couch in Tiburon Butternut that I absolutely LOVE. She has been a great help and really eased my fears about buying unprotected with toddlers.

I understand that Tiburon Butternut is no longer offered. Sue's couch looks like her Butternut came in much darker then the sample, which I like, so now I'm trying to decide what Tiburon to order to achieve a medium brown type color, I don't like reddish or orange tones but also do not want something as dark as mocha or black.

The 9503 Kodiak is a great mainstream sofa. While it doesn't have the style and design cues of some of its more stylish sibling pieces, its a solid performer built with clean and uncluttered lines, and a tall enough back so that taller men can put their head back in the cushions easily. It will sit very similar to an Austin High Back sofa, giving up a little in the lumbar support section. It's a better napping sofa than the Austin, however. As to finished vs aniline, you know which camp I'm in - having said that it really depends on lifestyle of the family. Those pull up hides are tough....want proof? Go into ANY Restoration Hardware store and look at their leather furniture. They will show predominantly Italian pull-ups like the Tiburon, and they leave their floor models in there for years on end. They have twenty times the people sit on them as you would in your own home, and those people that do sit on them have zero regard for the furniture in that showroom. They will look worn and used, but you won't see them demo'd... Questions are never a problem, that's my job to answer them! As to Tiburon Butternut, that was a drop from H&M, not from the Tannery. You can still get it on special order, but it then becomes a GR 4 instead of a GR 3 like the other Tiburons because its a special order. And you cannot request a CFA on special orders, nor change the order once its been shipped from the tannery. How about Tuscany Saddle? That's a mid-tone brown pull-up....
    Duane Collie