Thread: Gamma Leather Sectional

atlo888 Guest

Default Gamma Leather Sectional

Hello,

I am new to this forum, have found the info here to be extremely helpful. I would like to purchase a nicely constructed leather sectional. Found one used that I am interested in, was hoping to get advice -- it is a Cantoni Mondrian Sectional. Owner on craigslist states paid $19K and would like $4900. The furniture is in Dallas and needs to come to me in Los Angeles so I am also worried about damage during transit.

Has anyone had experience using Transit systems? What is your opinion? They have the best reviews online. I know Plycon Van Lines was recommended but I am still leary from their negative online reviews

Do people feel this sectional is worth the price and risk of not arriving in good condition?

Any suggestions on how I should set up the transaction so I would be least duped if the couch arrived in poor condition (not sure if fault of transporter vs owner). ie do you think it is fair if I pay a portion to owner now and a portion later when furniture arrives and I find the condition acceptable?

Thanks in advance!
    atlo888
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: Gamma Leather Sectional

Photos are so small they are not viewable.

Its usually not practical to try to set up a partial payment and then balance when it arrives. All the risk is on the seller that way and if its unacceptable, who pays the return? The only practical way to do that long distance is either fly out to do it face-to-face or pay someone in Dallas $ 200 or so to go out and evaluate it (a premium re-upholster should do it for that).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

atlo888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Photos are so small they are not viewable.

Its usually not practical to try to set up a partial payment and then balance when it arrives. All the risk is on the seller that way and if its unacceptable, who pays the return? The only practical way to do that long distance is either fly out to do it face-to-face or pay someone in Dallas $ 200 or so to go out and evaluate it (a premium re-upholster should do it for that).
    Thanks for your response Duane. What is your current most recommended company to do shipping?

atlo888

It all depends of location and what you are willing to pay. For Texas to California I would use Plycon.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.