Thread: Is it possible to search the Hancock and Moore website by dimensions?

Question Is it possible to search the Hancock and Moore website by dimensions?

Hello. I have enjoyed reading this forum and appreciate the wealth of information that has been presented.

My question deals with searching the Hancock and Moore website using product dimensions rather than scrolling through 20+ pages of sofas and chairs. I'm trying to zero in on sofas with certain dimensions (e.g., between 88 to 92 inches width). I see that there is a Search Feature on the website, but it seems to need either the product name or style number. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks.

Default Re: Is it possible to search the Hancock and Moore website by dimensions?

Sorry, there is no a search function by dimension on the H&M website. You just have to tab through them all.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Is it possible to search the Hancock and Moore website by dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sorry, there is no a search function by dimension on the H&M website. You just have to tab through them all.
    That's okay. Thanks for responding. The Boyles Furniture site seems to let you search Hancock and Moore sofas such that the sofas display first and then the sectionals and chairs. I can get the name of the sofa on that site and plug it into the Hancock and Moore website to get more comprehensive dimensions. Beautiful, beautiful furniture, but if you can't get it through the front door ...oh dear.

Duane has written quite a number of posts on this forum regarding H&M Sofa styles and the door width requirement for delivery. The following post may be helpful...

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...+required+sofa

Everything in the H&M lineup goes through a 36" door. You can't tell what is going to fit by the external dimension of a piece. Its really the back height, the overall depth and the projection of the front arms that determine delivery. Look at the Sundance sofa for example, the 50" depth means 34.5" doorway or better. All dimensions except for the depth are unremarkable.
    Duane Collie

scone Guest

Can we put that feature into the suggestion box? It's not hard to do, and would be very helpful. Along with bigger pictures?

You may send an email to Tonja at Hancock & Moore if there is something in particular you want to see done on the H&M website, that's her area of expertise.

tonja@hancockandmoore.com
    Duane Collie

scone Guest

You may send an email to Tonja at Hancock & Moore if there is something in particular you want to see done on the H&M website, that's her area of expertise.

tonja@hancockandmoore.com
    I just sent Tonja this email:

I was communicating with Duane Collie on his "My Furniture Forum", and a question came up about suggestions for the H & M website. Some of us would love to see a "search by dimensions" feature, so we could more easily winnow down pieces that fit our project. Also, bigger pictures, with shots of the side view and back, would be a big help.

I think it would help customers tremendously, because so many dealers are unable to put a lot of stock on the floor, and we therefore have to choose from the web site alone. I realize there are spec sheets at the dealer's, but that takes up a lot of time for all parties. These days it's so much easier to look at things on line! And as a former database systems geek, I think it would be fairly straightforward to implement. Just a thought.

Thanks for your consideration,

Many moons ago I had a business doing database systems design and implementation. I had a couple of projects with designers and architects, and in those days one of their problems was managing the flow of specification sheet info into the office, and then into the project. Back then, you had to hand enter everything, and keep constantly on top of things. It was a nightmare. These days, with the internet, you can keep everyone updated instantly. Unfortunately the home furnishings industry doesn't always leap to adopt new technology...

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to make the suggestion!