Thread: Pricing....reminder

Default Pricing....reminder

This Saturday, Jan 8th, is the last day to get your Hancock & Moore, Jessica Charles, or Century orders in before the price increase of 10% becomes effective. This is a MAJOR price increase, the largest I have ever seen, and I've been told it may not be the last. Costs for production are skyrocketing and are 35% more than a year ago. <sigh> no end in sight. Delivery times have not improved either, both in production and transit after it ships. Expect to wait....wait....wait, even after it ships. Dealers can do nothing to speed up times - not even if you complain - not even if you accuse us of being thieves (yes, that recently has occurred). Be aware if Omicron Variant infects those factories where the pieces are built, or the freight companies, your times will lengthen to who knows when. No one has that crystal ball.

A customer was in the store today to order a new H&M Doyle Sofa, and is going to sell her City Sectional she bought from us in 2010. 11 years old and well-cared for, she brought in the original paperwork and we did it in Garfield Chestnut (a pure aniline, GR 3 leather). In 2010, she paid $ 7,900 for it. I ran the numbers for her on the replacement cost today and it is $ 15,300, more than double that 2010 price! I advised her to advertise it for appx $ 6,000 based on that $ 15,300 replacement cost in 2022. That is what has happened to prices in the industry, and I don't see them coming back down.

If you were ever on the fence on a new purchase, try to get it done by Saturday - that 10% increase is permanent.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Pricing....reminder

Waiting for quotes, you must be inundated. Do you think you will be able to wade through them all in time? Oops, Sarah got to it today!
    Last edited by SueCT; 01-05-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Default Re: Pricing....reminder

Yes, Sarah is working from home due to the snow storm and where she lives have not been plowed out, so she is currently doing all quotes since she can do that from a laptop.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.