Thread: H & M Your Way Y87 and Y63

Default H & M Your Way Y87 and Y63

Hi Duane,

I'm shopping for a sofa and loveseat - it's hard to make a decision when you're not able to find and sit on the model you're ordering. This forum is such a great collection of information - thank you. Thanks, too, for the opportunity to pose questions and get additional information. I have two questions: 1) how does the Y87 sofa sit, particularly the pitch of the back and 2) what are your thoughts about possibilities to reduce the depth (just a couple of inches) of the outside of the Y63 loveseat?

I had a chance to try a City Sofa, the smaller one (the regular # 9840). It was comfortable to sit on, but to me, it wasn't deep enough to comfortably curl up on. I'm 5'4" - but would have liked it better if it were just a little deeper. I could reposition the back cushion and make it a little better, but not "just right". I looked online at the longer/deeper City Sofa. Based on its dimensions, it's a little larger for my room than I would prefer. I also think from some of the photos I've seen online that the back of the larger City Sofa looks like the back is more reclined.

I think the measurements of the Your Way 87 (standard depth) would work for a new sofa, but can't find one to sit on. What can you tell me about the way the Y87 sits - especially the way the back is pitched? The H&M website says the inside depth is 22.5".

Now about the Y63: I know some customization is possible with H&M - I'm curious whether you think there's anything that could be done to reduce the outside depth of the Y63 loveseat? The Your Way Y63 loveseat is deeper (outside dimensions) than I'd like. My current loveseat is not deep at all and the Y63, while it would fit, really juts out into the room about 5" further than my current loveseat. The City loveseat (9839) has better outside depth (and I wouldn't care about the inside depth dimensions of the loveseat as much as I do for the sofa) but I don't think I'd want to mix styles in the room given the fact they'll both be in the same leather. I just wanted to see if you thought there might be a way to shave off a few inches of outside depth on the Y63. The back of the loveseat is against a wall. It may just be time to get used to how a new piece looks in the room - I realize 5" isn't much, but when I slide my current loveseat out from the wall to get an idea of the footprint of the new loveseat, it is quite a difference.

Thanks for any insights you can give on how the Y87 sits and info on possibilities for some reduction on the outside dimensions of the Y63 loveseat. I've learned so much on your website and really appreciate all the information.

Thank you!

Default Re: H & M Your Way Y87 and Y63

We have a Your Way sofa in the store, if you are local please come check it out. The sit is relaxed, not upright. Back pitch can be adjusted by how you position the back cushions onto the Velcro. I would advise against doing any custom work right now, unless you are OK with a 9 to 12 month wait for your pieces. Standard items are 6 months, and any custom work can double that time frame. You can't reduce the outside without shortening the inside, so be prepared for that as well, it would not come off the back of the piece, it would come off the front.

The 9840 City Sofa is available as a larger unit, the 9844, which is 10" longer and 2.5" Deeper, same height. http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...tail/?SKU=9844 . Note that the 9844 is not in the Town & Country Promotion, only the smaller 9840.

Be careful with customizing. There is added cost, much longer time frames to build, and no returns if you don't like the build. Having said that, they have the capability to build to suit. All requires a quote which usually takes 7 to 10 days to get back from engineering, so if you do want to request a custom, we need all the details including the leather you would like to use.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks, Duane - good advice. As I mentioned when I called to see if you would be open tomorrow, I would like to test out the Y87 - I'm not local, but close enough for a road trip!

Thanks again.

OK! I will be closing no later than 4 p.m. tomorrow, New Year's Eve. See you sometime before then.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.