Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
Valid concerns. At 5' 3" you will prefer the standard Austin, he will like the Tall model. So the question then becomes who will use the sofa the most? That's the person who should have the final say between the two models, I think. Typically in most households, the man heads to the recliner and the lady to the sofa.

And I think that you should definitely stay away from the Royal Recliner for you - its far too large and you will get lost in it. He'd be fine in a Woodbridge recliner as well, that chair is made for men his height. Has he had a chance to try both a Royal and Woodbridge out?
Yes, he tried both but he definitely wants 1026. I already decided to stay away from Royal Recliner, and will be going for Woodbridge. So, that's 1 1026 and 1 1021 for us. It's likely that I will spend (slightly) more time on the sofa, so the standard Austin would be the choice. The only issue at this point is the aesthetics: the standard Austin is much shorter than the chairs. If the standard Austin will not look funny next to the tall chairs, I think I am ready to pick that. I checked some websites talking about design ideas, and they suggested "balanced design" by varying heights in the furniture, but I am not sure if this would be an excessive difference in heights.