Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7037 Campbell Lounger in Buckingham Walnut Burnished

Default Hancock & Moore # 7037 Campbell Lounger in Buckingham Walnut Burnished

This is my new favorite recliner, and although I own a 1044 Sadler at home, I don't need that height of that Sadler for my 5' 11" frame. I've not had one of these come through my store before, but it fits me perfectly with great lumbar support and its not as overwhelming in size as the Sadler. Additionally, it has a great form factor, with good design lines along the base on the side and down the front of the arms. As soon as my floor inventory sells down a bit, I'll be ordering one of these for stock - that's how much I like it. And of course, the leather on this is terrific. This recliner has a tuck-under articulating footrest that comes out when the piece is moved into the recline position as well - a nice feature. Mesa Wood Finish, "S" nail trim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg 
Views:	962 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	6886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	6887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg 
Views:	1057 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	6888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0036.jpg 
Views:	763 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	6889
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7037 Campbell Lounger in Buckingham Walnut Burnished

A few more photos...some to show the natural markings on this leather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0029.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	6890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0033.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	6891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0034.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	6892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0035.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	6893
    Duane Collie

Maximus Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7037 Campbell Lounger in Buckingham Walnut Burnished

Wow. Really nice looking lounger. Like the looks better than the Sadler and the Austin. Being that I am shorter than you by a few inches that information is helpful. I am really starting to look more at the burnished hides as this hide and the Imperial Whiskey Burnished are catching my eye.

I think the articulating part of the footrest is the way to go. At 5 ft 4 inches, even I want that little bit extra

Really like the looks of everything except the front legs. They seem a bit small (slender) for the overall look of the piece.
    The leather is really nice. What about the hand?

All the burnished leathers have a 'shell' effect from the sealer atop them, so they are 'crisp' I think is the best way to describe the hand. The finish does 'break in' over time and become softer, however/
    Duane Collie

PrettyLake Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    All the burnished leathers have a 'shell' effect from the sealer atop them, so they are 'crisp' I think is the best way to describe the hand. The finish does 'break in' over time and become softer, however/
    I clearly don't know how to start a new post so apologies for high-jacking this one. I'm interested in the Campbell Lounger and would like some suggestions on color. I plan to order a new sofa in a linen-type fabric in a neutral/flax color. Floors are acid etched concrete in a brownish color and area rug is a Karastan pattern called Carter's Grove (blues, reds, etc). I've had Oxblood colored leather (sofa & loveseat) in my family room for years so I'm ready for a change from the red tones. Prior to red leather, I had blue leather so I think something brown this time. Have painted the walls an off-white color and all trim is bright white. Would welcome suggestions on what color leather for a recliner for my husband. Will most likely need to stay in Class I or II since this chair isn't available in either of H & M's programs. Thanks in advance for any help. This forum is a wealth of information I just wish I could figure out how to post a question.

It's very difficult to advise on colors without seeing a good photo set of the room the pieces are going into. You can attach photos with your post by clicking the 3rd icon from the right on the format bar (above).

Starting a new post is easy.

1) Click on the Category on the forum ("Leather")

2) Just below the ad banner to the left is a blue button that says: " + Post New Thread". Click on that and off you go to your new thread creation.
    Duane Collie