Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best occasional chairs

Default Re: Best occasional chairs

Just shoot me a PM with your name, contact phone number and I will find out when one is going to be made. Be aware that you will have to go on a Monday through Friday before 3 p.m. to the factory.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

pucks104 Guest

So, Duane, what would a general cost differential be between a conventional recliner and a power recliner? Also, with the power unit, is there any harm to either the chair, the power unit or a rug if the chair were to sit on a rug rather than a hard floor? Is there any particular maintenance that is needed on the power unit over time? Does a chair with the power unit sit differently than a conventional recliner without power?

Plug in power typically adds $ 225 over the price of the manual. No downsides other than you need an outlet nearby. Atop carpet is fine. No difference in the sit, and no maintenance required.
    Duane Collie

pucks104 Guest

Excellent! Thanks again for all of your help. This is a wonderful forum for helping folks gather the information needed to make decisions about their furniture selection. I have shared this with another couple who are starting their search for a leather sectional.

pucks104 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	7019 So DH and I have returned from our tour of the Hancock and Moore factory and recliner factory. Jimmy Moore is an excellent tour guide and wonderfully pleasant gentleman. The tour of the first factory took 3 hours and we spent another hour at the recliner factory. We saw many beautiful sofas, chairs and ottomans in lots of different leathers as well as the whole build process from start to finish. All of the employees were hard at work but took time to answer our questions. They all seemed very proud of the products they produce and took great care to ensure that each piece was well built and beautifully finished. Thank you Duane for setting this visit up for us.
    So our Arrington sofa in Piazza Mink is to be delivered tomorrow (so excited). DH decided on the Sami recliner today which is an acceptable compromise. These 2 pieces will go on the long wall facing the widows with a small table between them. For additional seating we have decided to place 2 stationary chairs side by side on the short end wall as if a settee but with the ability to move them around should we wish. We are thinking about the Stella model which I think complements the Arrington sofa nicely. We had thought of doing the Stella chairs in fabric but as I was vacuuming the dog hair out of our old sofa, yet again, to prepare it for donation I decided it would be best if all the pieces are leather. So what I need help with now is determing the color leather for the recliner and Stella chairs. I have attached a photo that shows our rug, a paint color board (Sherwin Williams Favorite Tan will be the wall color), the dark brown Piazza Mink leather sample and one green leather sample and 3 orangey brown leather samples. The wood trim on all the pieces will be the dark one that is on the Arrington in the photo on the H&M website (that is the Town and Country offering). Should the recliner be in Piazza Mink as well and the 2 Stella chairs in green or one of the orangey Browns? Should I use the green on the recliner and one of the orangey browns on the Stella chairs with the dark brown sofa? The rug has all 3 colors as well as lighter tans, dark reds and a teal blue background. I can't roll the rug out the whole way until my sister's furniture gets moved to her new house in about 3 more weeks. Hopefully the picture will provide enough visual for suggestions. Thank you, Gena

pucks104 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	7020 or perhaps this combination of leathers?

A tour at Hancock & Moore is never quick, especially with Jimmy Moore! It is complete and truly personalized where you are made to feel like an honored guest, southern hospitality at its best. Glad you enjoyed the experience Gina and I was more than happy to arrange that for you.

On the color palette, all those work on the rug, however if you use the burgundy - or the green, I'd do just one unit in it, such as the recliner. Piazza Mink is a very dark color deep green, that in evening lighting can look like a soft black. To key off that and the rug, my inclination is to go with the mid-range colors and not put any more dark ones on the chairs, you have the largest piece in the dark leather already. Perhaps the Stella chairs in one of the midtown browns/tan and the Sami recliner in the green or burgundy?
    Duane Collie

pucks104 Guest

I was looking through my leather samples this morning and Capri Plateau looks really nice with the rug, the Piazza Mink and the wall color. I think the Stella chairs in Capri Plateau with the wood trim in the same dark wood trim of the Arrington sofa would be beautiful. Them the recliner will go in the burgundy. I'm excited as this is finally coming together. DH did have a question about the Sami Recliner. He asked if it is possible to add an inch to the seat height? How would this be done and how would it be written in an order?

pucks104 Guest

Duane, can you take a guess as to the wood finish and nail on the Arrington sofa as pictured on the Hancock and Moore website. The leather is Piazza Mink. I want to order the chairs with the same wood finish and use the same nail on the Sami recliner.
    Thank you, Gena
    The finish is Mahogany and the nail is A. I was able to go by the store where I purchased the sofa and they looked it up for me.
    Last edited by pucks104; 03-13-2015 at 01:35 PM.