Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review of EMFURN

jasonpeters Guest

Default Review of EMFURN

Decided to go the mid century modern route and had such a good experience with EMFURN that I've decided to write a mini review. I picked up an LC3 sofa, LC3 armchair, a barcelona coffee table, 4 ghost chairs and a dining table. They delivered inside my apartment, unpacked, removed debris and arranged the furniture while I was away. Leather quality, feel and smell are superb. I'm extremely satisfied. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_163506_grande.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	7021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_163511_grande.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	7022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_163655_grande.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	7023
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-08-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Oliyaa Guest

Default Re: Review of EMFURN

sitnsleepfurniture great store of Italian furniture. Booked there sofa for the kitchen. Came to the interior perfectly. High-quality work. No protruding threads, no scratches. In real life it is much prettier than in the photos. Now for the bedroom you need to buy a brown chair.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-08-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Newbies - no embedded URL's allowed in threads. Warning! You can get banned for doing so - its considered spam. I have modified your posts and removed them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jasonpeters,

You're really impressed with EMFurn? I saw a write-up online about their version of the Eames lounge chair & it's the same Chinese made copy several other low to mid-tier MCM replica furniture stores sell. I think they also said something like these stores are all owned by same company, or something to that effect.

Anyways, they had a picture of a considerably higher priced replica of the Eames lounge chair by another company side by side with EMFurn's & it was a night & day kinda difference!

I'm also fairly certain EMFurn uses bi-cast/bonded leather on the backs & sides of those Mies van der Rohe LC pieces.

I'm not a form admin, so dunno exactly what Duane's referring to when he says no posting URLs, or I'd post the links to these articles/reviews/write-ups.

Maybe can hunt them down & send in a PM?

Andrea

Jasonpeters post is likely spam, he had an embedded URL in his original post that I removed. For 99% of first time posters, that's indicative they are an employee/owner of that company they are giving the glowing review about. Most the time I ban them and delete the thread when I see these posts - but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Its unlikely you will get a reply.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Oh ok, gotcha.

jasonpeters Guest

Smile Re: Review of EMFURN

Hi, no this was a real review of furniture I ordered and no Emfurn does not use bicast leather. Where are your sources? I've recieved leather samples from them before ordering. As for their Eames lounge chairs as far as I know, they're mirror replicas of original eames loungers. According to their rep, mid tier Eames lounge chairs do not ship assembled with many details missing while Emfurn's chairs ship completely assembled with finished inner panelling and removable cushions. Customer service also followed up with order numbers for each review. They have this little chat function at the bottom right of their site where you can ask as many questions as you want. I don't work for the company but was asked to leave a review on their site and/or a review site if satisfied with my order. After some research however I was able to ascertain that Emfurn and Voga share the same suppliers. Sorry if I caused any trouble - just wanted to share my experiences.
    Last edited by jasonpeters; 04-02-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpeters View Post
    Hi, no this was a real review of furniture I ordered and no Emfurn does not use bicast leather. Where are your sources? I've recieved leather samples from them before ordering. As for their Eames lounge chairs as far as I know, they're mirror replicas of original eames loungers. According to their rep, mid tier Eames lounge chairs do not ship assembled with many details missing while Emfurn's chairs ship completely assembled with finished inner panelling and removable cushions. Customer service also followed up with order numbers for each review. They have this little chat function at the bottom right of their site where you can ask as many questions as you want. I don't work for the company but was asked to leave a review on their site and/or a review site if satisfied with my order. After some research however I was able to ascertain that Emfurn and Voga share the same suppliers. Sorry if I caused any trouble - just wanted to share my experiences.
    I'll look up these sources again. I don't think I've booked them, but I'll check.
    EmFurn uses top grain leather on their "seating surfaces" & that's the dead giveaway you're getting splits or less on the backs & arms. A true LC2 or LC3 is a huge amount of leather! If you were to purchase the original from Knoll, you'll easily be in the 5 figures on any LC series sofa because of the amount of material required & Knoll/Cassina take no shortcuts, NONE!

Read any of the posts here regarding simple furniture construction & you'll learn that Duane constantly points out that there's only 2 components to making quality furniture: materials used & skilled labor. Those things are not cheap to procure. To get a sofa such as the LC series fully upholstered in an aniline hide is going to cost $X dollars. To charge you what EMFurn is, they MUST cut corners. They're doing that by outsourcing production to any number of the mass production factories in China & limiting their use of top grain leather to just the seating surfaces.

If you're happy with it, that's great. I'm just surprised because in my search for quality MCM reproduction pieces, they came up...but, after further researching & looking at better quality builds, such as Rove Concepts uses(& they're priced as such, btw) I backed off going the mass produced Chinese sourced route.

I love the Le Courbursier LC4 chaise in hair on hide, but can't afford $10,000 for a brand-new authentic...but, I'll source out a used one at a small fraction of that price before I buy some Chinese budget replica.

Lemme search for these side by side comparison pics & post them here...you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, just go onto Amazon & look at the dozen or so other companies selling similarly priced replicas. You'll begin to notice that a lot of the pics look exactly identical, or much, much better than the actual user review's photos. That's because EMFurn, InMod, etc use Rove Concepts, Herman Miller & Knoll's photos on their sites instead of pics of the actual product they're selling.

That's a huge, shady red flag in ANY industry & says something right there about their product's quality.

In the meantime, do a Google search of EMFurn's quality compared to original, their reviews &/or pics of actual products received: that's how I found all that info awhile back.
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-03-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Ok, I actually did have this site bookmarked purely for reference purposes. Who knows about its legitimacy, but it's not biased on any 1 retailer, & that's usually a sign that it's legit. It was started by 1 guy & it appears he hasn't been back on in awhile. He states he began the site specifically to canvas the major online retailers that sell replicas of the Eames lounge chair with pros & cons of each. I was surprised to find he had some concerns with Rove Concepts. Elsewhere on the web I kept reading horror stories of ppl who went with the cheaper retailers in buying MCM replicas commenting that Rove at least seemed to have the best quality & customer service at a significantly lower price point than Herman Miller & Knoll, but you'll also be forking over a bit more than you would with the others:
    http://www.eameschairreplica.com/unc...arison-emfurn/

I'll have to look around some more in my search history & older bookmarks at those side by side comparison pics. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think it was an EMFurn chair they used in the comparison review, BUT EMFurn buys their merchandise from the same Chinese supplier. Unless their specs on their pieces are higher & at a different price point than these other retailers, in all likelihood it's the same exact chair: i.e. they're not asking the factory/supplier to make a higher quality chair than the factory is usually making.

Duane would be the person to ask on that, as he would know more about the mass production facilities in China & their practices on assembling similar products but at different quality standards for different retailers.
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-03-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Ok, side by side pics of an authentic Herman Miller Eames & a Chinese replica:
    http://manhattan-nest.com/2013/03/25...-eames-lounge/