Thread: Help buying leather furniture

jschabow Guest

Default Help buying leather furniture

My wife and I are in the market for some nice leather funiture for our family room. After much research I have narrowed it down to:
    H&M
    B&Y
    LC

Of course all of these are for sale from the Keeping Room, but I am down in Florida... I would really like to try out the different brands and styles before purchasing... I cannot even find a H&M dealer in Central Florida! I have furniture shopped before in NC but do not want this to either A) turn out into a wild goose chase. B) Do not have a floor selection of the brands listed above. I am of course willing to travel to DC to go to the Keeping Room but would like to have a list of floor models so that we can see if they are even our style.

How do must of you all purchase funiture (that you must judge for comfort and style) sight unseen?

Robb and Stuckey has (5) locations in Florida, and they are a Hancock and Moore dealer. Be prepared for a bit of sticker shock at their stores, however. I've heard their prices are full retail from many of my Florida customers.

I know when I pick out new models to order for floor stock, I have nothing but photos to select from. 90% of the time they're fine, about 10% of the time not so much. But after awhile you learn and can tell mostly from dimensions and seat angles to make a good call for most.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.