This is why you should not call Hancock and Moore directly, they are there to service the dealers and not to answer consumer questions and you WILL get mixed messages. So, now you don't know who to believe and are confused, I'm sure. So let's step it back and look at things.

First, there is no warranty on the leather. Here's the warranty policy. Once in a great while there is a defective leather and they will re-hide the piece for a customer, but first the piece must be returned to them for examination and determination. They will test the hide to see what has been put on it. If you use the Leather Solutions products, they have no issue with that. The vast majority of consumer issues with hide wear and color loss are not caused by a defective hide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HM warranty (1).jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	13816

Secondly, here is the H&M leather care page, because their attorneys told them to advise using nothing on the leather - so they don't. However you will note they recommend Leather Solutions Int'l, which is the same company they go to for issues and training on leather repairs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5111.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	13817

You will have to do what suits you and whom you choose to believe. After 36 years in this business, I can guarantee you that your leather will deteriorate if you don't clean and condition it regularly and if you let direct sunlight on the piece daily. My oldest Hancock and Moore piece was purchased in 1987, a Woodbridge Recliner and its still in use (now at my daughter's home), so 34 years. Still looks good, too. Because I clean and condition all my leather pieces every 6 months, including my car interiors as well. Even my Hermes leather watch band! Like the saying goes, "You pays your money, you take your choice".

These are not inexpensive pieces, I would personally recommend you take care of them, I do at my house.