Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather Cleaning & Conditioning Protocol for all brands

Default Re: Leather Cleaning & Conditioning Protocol for all brands

I am ready to purchase my first Leather Solutions kit to clean and condition my Austin Sofa. The leather is Atticus Sable and I'd like to make sure I order the correct kit. Also, can this be ordered/purchased with a call to your store?

Atticus is a mild pull-up leather. Technically it would get the speciality kit 4, but those are $ 74.99. The pull up effect is so mild on Atticus I think you can probably get by with a basic kit at $ 49.99. Yes you can call the store at 703-360-6399 or do a paypal to keepingroom@ Gmail.com. Add shipping of $ 15 for one or two kits, I have them all in stock
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks so much for the info. Will the leather cleaner still be good if kept unopened for a year or more? I'm trying to decide whether to purchase more than one kit and I assume one kit will clean one sofa more than a single time.

Thanks,
    Andrea Greer

Oh yes, I have this product in my own home and it keeps for several years. If just doing a sofa, you can get four applications from one kit or two years of use. I used it also on my leather interiors in my cars, so I go through at a faster rate. These ship via USPS Medium Flat Rate Box and I can put one or two kits in the same box, so i you do use it for several projects the second kit ships for no additional charge.
    Duane Collie

According to the Leather Solutions website, they appear to have stopped selling the products I purchased from you. They now have a new, "all in one" solution called "Hidey's Beauty Treatment". The "catch" is that apparently now it only protects for a month. They want you to apply this treatment once a month or more. From their website: " Regular cleaning with Hidey’s Beauty Treatment or our new eco friendly cleaner Hidey’s Natural Leather Cleaner will remove every day soil once a month under normal use." Also from their website: "There are several very important areas that need regular attention. Wherever your skin or hair touches will leave minute traces of your natural “body oils.” (back rest cushion, front edge of seat cushions and arms) removing these unseen traces of “body oil”at least once a month or more"

Honestly, if I have to treat my entire sofa at least once a month, they have lost me. I was willing to spend the several hours required, with recommended drying times, 2 or 3 times a year. I don't plan on doing this 12 or more times a year, even with an "all in one" solution.

I would be willing to use this only on my favorite spot that sees the most use occasionally between 6 month treatments. Maybe. Since I use throws when I am on the sofa, honestly, it doesn't get much dirt or body oils on it. But doing every surface of the sofa and cushions monthly just isn't going to happen. I would be more likely to say forget it and do nothing, and buy a fabric sofa when this one wears out. I didn't buy leather to get a high maintenance product.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this change in product line.

You are on the wrong website, that is a non-related company. This is the correct one.

https://www.damagedleathersolutions.com/
    Duane Collie

Yay! Thank you! Boy that is confusing. Two companies both called Leather Solutions International. Thank you for clearing that up!

This may seem like a simple question, but here goes... I'm getting ready to clean and treat my H&M leather sofa with Leather Solutions kit for this first time. I read through the instructions about using the enclosed sponge to apply the cleaner. This sponge is quite hard. Is it ok to wet the sponge with water to soften it before using it to apply the cleaning solution. I am nervous to have any of the dry portions of the sponge scratch the leather sofa without first softening it. Thanks in advance for advise.

Sure, you can wet the sponge. I personally don’t use that sponge because it releases too much liquid onto the leather. I prefer to use microfiber cloths as I can control the amount of product going on that way.
    Duane Collie

10. Default Re: Leather Cleaning & Conditioning Protocol for all brands

With the time change this weekend I gave the Atticus Sable Austin High Back and Ottoman a good Ivory soap clean and rinse! Gorgeous leather!
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-20-2019 at 01:13 AM.