Burnished leather is pretty tough; it's a good performer. It can take quite a bit of abuse in my experience. I have five burnished pieces in my home, including two bar stools at the kitchen counter which get used more than any other leather furniture in the house. Here's a photo taken today, 4 years, 8 months since I brought them home. They get a leather treatment every 6 months with the Leather Solutions kit. Photo taken today as you can see, wear is very much acceptable on them. You can see the original photos here in the forum from Dec 2011 if you do a search for "Steele Farm Cameo"

When new:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS6.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	9042

As of today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (69).jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	9040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (72).jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	9041

Body oils are different for every person, so there is no way of knowing how one person's will affect a particular leather. Medicines some people take can leech through their skin to cause staining as well, I have seen that happen many times. The finished or coated leathers will always be easier to deal with in that respect as they are less likely to absorb and stain. Burnished leathers have a glazed topcoat and sealer, so they are someone closer to their finished cousins, but still susceptible to sun fade over time.