Thread: Stickley Leather

Default Stickley Leather

I read your comments, and contacted leather solutions international. I am waiting for three Stickley pieces to come in. They are Semi Aniline. My problem is that semi aniline seems to be an orphan child. Leather solutions told me the aniline kit is also for semi aniline. But - semi aniline is a protected leather, and they have a different kit for protected/painted leathers. I found a Stickley site that says semi aniline is an everyday protected leather. This contradicts most things I have read, including other statements by Stickley. My understanding is that though it's protected, it's a very mild protection. Just a topcoat, with no paint.
    I have a small well behaved dog that owns the furniture. Chews some treats on it. He didn't hurt my previous protected and painted leather pieces. I'm providing the link to the Stickley reference. I'd rather not cover the Mission Chair and 2 Ottomans, with towels, but I don't want them destroyed either. Did Stickley make a mistake with this guidance?

http://issuu.com/stickley/docs/sfu_supplement/117

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Leather Cleaning & Conditioning Protocol

Should add, my color is light grey. The swatch says leather grade 3, semi aniline, softness 7, cleanability 8, protected yes, light fastness 8, natural markings 7.

I asked the saleslady, and she immediately suggested I buy the Guardsman plan, and not worry about anything. I'll pass on that thank you.
    Last edited by pstein15; 03-31-2015 at 09:28 PM.