Thread: H&M Custom Order Questions (Fill, pricing, and dealers)

thelea Guest

Default H&M Custom Order Questions (Fill, pricing, and dealers)

Hi all, I really appreciate the amount of information available on these forums. It's been really helpful and a very valuable resource!

Based on my researched, H&M is one of the best leather furniture manufacturers so I'm likely going to try to find a sofa by them. But I have a couple questions and could use some help.

1) If I were to make a custom order, is it possible to request a different fill for the sofa? I have really bad allergies and so I was thinking of getting polyester filling. Would this still be comfortable?

2) I hear about 40% of H&M's MSRP is a reasonable price to pay for a piece. How much could I expect that to be and how do I find/know a place that is actually abiding by this?

3) I live in Houston and was wondering if there is a reputable H&M dealer I could visit?

4) Lastly, has anyone heard of the brands "Presidential" and "American Heritage"? (http://www.leathershoppes.com/showro...turer_rank.htm)

Thanks for your time!

Default Re: H&M Custom Order Questions (Fill, pricing, and dealers)

If you visit the H&M Web Site you will find a pull down menu for "Where to Buy". Quite a few of the identified Dealers look like Interior Decorators and as such may not have inventory. I would suggest you call some of these Dealers and find out who actually has an inventory of H&M pieces prior to visiting any of them. Hopefully you will be able to view and sit on some great styles and find one you like. You can ask about the materials available for cushion fill. Once you find a Style you like you could send a Private Message to Duane on this Forum and see what the price and shipping costs would be.

http://hancockandmoore.com/where_to_buy.asp

Default Re: H&M Custom Order Questions (Fill, pricing, and dealers)

1) If I were to make a custom order, is it possible to request a different fill for the sofa? I have really bad allergies and so I was thinking of getting polyester filling. Would this still be comfortable?

No, you don't want to do that. The cushion cores are engineered DuPont Qualux foam, and a poly fill would be disastrous. Qualux is already hypo-allergenic and with a leather casing, which is porous, you should be fine. Skip the Ultra down cushion upgrades as those have down and feathers in them.

2) I hear about 40% of H&M's MSRP is a reasonable price to pay for a piece. How much could I expect that to be and how do I find/know a place that is actually abiding by this?

We don't discuss retail pricing on the forum (at least I don't as a dealer but other members can if they wish) as per H&M's request. You can always ask for a specific price quote here in the forum under the right thread category.

3) I live in Houston and was wondering if there is a reputable H&M dealer I could visit?

Louis Shanks is the big H&M dealer in Houston. You will probably find the most selection of H&M at their location.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.