Thread: Leather Choices for Hancock & Moore Your Way Sectional & Custom Storage Ottoman

oaklandhills Guest

Default Leather Choices for Hancock & Moore Your Way Sectional & Custom Storage Ottoman

Hi Duane,

My husband and I spent several hours flipping through leather samples today and narrowed our choices to the following:

1. Equestrian Saddle or Equestrian Toffee (Class 3)
    2. Quintessence Saddle (Class 4)
    3. Envy Nutmeg (Class 5)

The Quintessence and Envy felt soooo good, but we're wondering if Equestrian would offer more protection against spills, body/hair oils, etc. We eat almost all meals in our living room and like to nap on our sofa. Sun exposure isn't an issue.

Can you offer any additional insight/advice regarding leather choices for our Hancock & Moore Your Way sectional and custom matching storage ottoman?

Thanks,

Julie

Default Re: Leather Choices for Hancock & Moore Your Way Sectional & Custom Storage Ottoman

Equestrian would be my choice of the three for several reasons.

1) Its a solid, thicker cut aniline with an easy clean-up light topcoat on it. Classy yet not fussy. Also a GR 3 so it keeps the price down.

Quintessence is a wonderful luxury hide, but not really a leather I would chose for having food/drink on every day, though it would be manageable if you keep your Leather Solutions Treatment program up to date and stay with it.

Envy is a GR 5 and will ramp your price up considerably. It's a specialty hide that you probably won't get your money's worth from under the use circumstances you describe.

There are no 'bad leathers' or 'good ones' per se. It's all just what works for you for both budget and style/color/performance. Stay away from Nubuck and Sonoma (suedes) and you're pretty well good to go with any of them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Leather Choices for Hancock & Moore Your Way Sectional & Custom Storage Ottoman

A little confused by Duane's answer. I thought all anilines were fragile as far as eating and drinking goes. Absorbs spills and stains. You state this aniline is easy clean up and suitable for this families eating and drinking habits. Could you clarify please?

Not at all. I have - I think - 14 pieces of leather furniture in my own home. Only one piece, a Hancock and Moore recliner I bought in 1986, 29 years ago - is a finished leather. Everything else in my home is aniline, and I raised two kids and many dogs on it, all none the worse for wear. It WILL sun-fade at a faster rate than a finished leather, however - so you need to be aware of that. Take a look at the photo essay on H&M CLEANING PROTOCOL here on the forum and look at the spill test photos....
    Duane Collie

oaklandhills Guest

Hi Duane,

Given all the computer issues you've been experiencing lately I wanted to make sure you saw the email I sent you about the price quotes for the Jessica Charles ottomans.

I also sent you an email about my deposit, thanks!

Julie

For quotes, moving to this method (also swatch order requests). This works better than PM's and keeps trackable records, etc.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...tes-and-Orders
    Duane Collie