Thread: sofa legs too short

grafxman Guest

Default sofa legs too short

Hi folks,

Yesterday I purchased a beautiful used Schillig leather sectional sofa. I love it to bits however the legs are too short. I'm 70 and when I sit down my butt is lower than my knees which presents a problem getting up. The plastic legs are perhaps an inch long. I've been searching the net and all the legs I can find have a threaded steel stud at their end. My legs just slip into a socket. Any ideas what I can do to get longer legs?

Default Re: sofa legs too short

Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

grafxman Guest

Default Re: sofa legs too short

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I am very much aware google is my friend thank you very much. So let's see what you came up with:

Adds 2" of height to Classic Balance Ball Chair I have a Schillig sofa, not a Balance Ball Chair

Leg Extensions help raise the feeding height of your Neater Feeder Pet Bowl I have a Schillig sofa not a pet bowl.

Workbench Leg Extensions I have a Schillig sofa not a workbench.

Leg Extensions are used to raise the CO-SLEEPER brand bassinet I have a Schillig sofa not a bassinet.

Leg Levelers Width 14 In. - Depth 18 In. - Material Steel I have a Schillig sofa and something made from steel would destroy my hardwood floors not to mention being way too big.

Boost up the height of your TrueModern® Ready Table I have a Schillig sofa not a TrueModern® Ready Table.

Leg Extensions for Service Cart I have a Schillig sofa not a Service Cart.

I appreciate your effort though. What I am looking for is something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Leg-Daddy-Roun...ords=sofa+legs

with a round plastic stud and without the threaded steel stud. It appears that the furniture risers listed in your google search are meant for furniture that actually has legs that can fit down inside a piece with a hole. Since the legs on my sectional are, as stated, an inch long I can't see any of them working either. Thanks anyway.