Thread: How "mid grade" is Bassett and who makes a good fabric sectional??

picklejuice52 Guest

Default How "mid grade" is Bassett and who makes a good fabric sectional??

Hello all!

My wife and I are in the market for a fabric sectional. We went to a major retailer in DE a few days ago and only saw a Broyhill and Bassett that we liked. Now I know both are the low end of mid grade. The cutaway advertisement for the Bassett was un-impressive to say the least but we priced out a custom Bassett sectional anyways (LAF Chaise, Armless loveseat, Armless chair, and RAF sofa, all on grade 23 fabric) and were quoted $5400 with the stores 20% discount. Now the price is not a problem, but I believe I can get a much better sectional from a GOOD brand, for a little bit more? I post this hoping someone will agree

This weekend we would like to go out and do some more searching and are thinking about US companies like Taylor King, Smith Brothers, and Sherrill. I have done countless hours of research on price and wanted to know if I could get a good sectional from these reputable brands for around the same price if not a little bit more?? We would be choosing a middle of the road fabric as we are into the off-white pottery barn type/look furniture. (here is a Sherrill example of the style/color we like http://www.sherrillfurniture.com/cat...ail.php?id=486 and a rowe example http://www.sofasandsectionals.com/se...erade-c392-sec). So I guess my overall question is: Can I find a sectional similar in style to those shown for below 7k? Is the turn around time for a custom piece still about 4-8 weeks? I live in Southern MD so a trip to The Keeping Room is definitely within reason.

Thanks in advance for any help and I apologize if my post is jumbled. I have been on the computer wayyyy too long researching sectionals.

Default Re: How "mid grade" is Bassett and who makes a good fabric sectional??

Sure you can. We can get you in a Taylor King Portfolio collection sectional (Grade 1) - all USA-made, solid hardwood frame and 8-way hand-tied for that same price you are quoted on the Bassett in those same pieces. And its like 3x better, too. T-K is running 8 week build right now on in-stock fabrics. If you want to make a trip to the store, I have all the fabrics and some pieces to try out in sofas, not sectionals
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

picklejuice52 Guest

Default Re: How "mid grade" is Bassett and who makes a good fabric sectional??

And it's that simple! Thank you drcollie! My wife and I will plan to stop by this weekend, thank you for the quick response.