Hi guys, I am asking your help once again as I haven't had any luck with my last post. I opened a small office back in 2002,. a friend of mine's father worked for the state, and helped me get some office furniture for free. I picked up a Uhaul and went to the Albany, NY state warehouse and he let us fill the Uhaul with office desks and chairs, etc....I ended up closing the office but kept my desk that I loved which is a 1960s Leopold, it is Walnut wood, original brass pulls, and weighs about as much as a car. I have looked and looked for the same one and finally found one very similar with the same pulls on it.

The website I found this is https://www.harpgallery.com/html/gal...?p=17578&num=0

This is my exact desk except the top. My top isn't larger than the base it is 72x36x30 without the over sized top. It does have a pullout on the back of the desk for someone sitting across from me to pull out and write on. The site says they sold it for $1,600 or so but I am skeptical about the value of the piece. I am curious if any of you are experts on this type of desk or if possibly it was someone in the state offices such as the mayor or something which possibly I can prove. I have been looking around to see if I can find any older pictures and anyone important sitting at my desk. I did find one which looks like a secretary sitting at one similar but it definitely isn't the same one.

Would this be something a secretary would use or a piece someone like the mayor would use? Just curious if anyone would know anything more about it. Again, It is the exact same from the drawers to the pulls except the top and the pull out in the back. Would this be considered a partners desk?

Thanks again for any help.