Thought I'd post this just as FYI. I ordered a brompton chair from leathergroups in January, after reading posts on the forum indicating some attempt at good quality work. It seemed like a good price:value proposition, and were excited when they called to set a delivery date. Suddenly the day before arrival the delivery company called and said "there was damage." No details. I emailed leathergroups and they said they'd get right on it, find out what's wrong, etc. Long story short it's been 4 months of them saying how they've been trying everything. The delivery company talks about how they provide "world class" service. I was eventually told there was a puncture in a leather panel and that it'd be fixed at the shipping company and that leather would be shipped to them to fix it. This sounded fishy so I wanted pictures detailing the problem and the fix. Nothing. . maybe others have had a great experience with them, or the other posters were just shills, but now I'm hunting for a vendor that does quality without charging an arm/leg. So far reading this forum I've not found any evidence that such a thing exists.