Thread: Durham, Lane or Bernhardt bedrooms

newyorkone Guest

Default Durham, Lane or Bernhardt bedrooms

i am currently looking for a bedroom set. i like the style of three manufactureres. durham (southhampton collection), lane (grand regency collection), and martha stewart (lilly pond collection). i have not seen any of these collections in person yet only on-line. it is really hard to find a retailer that carries all three. my question would be that since they are very similar in style would one be a better choice over the other. i am looking for decent quality at a fair price. does this even exist? oh and durable would be great too since I have a 7 year old boy - think spills and cars zooming over the furniture!?!? any help or sugestions would be appreciated. thanks for the help

I have seen the Durham and really like their stuff in that price range. I have not had a chance to look at Lane but I would think Lane is lower end than Durham but experts may correct me on that.

crouch Guest

After much research a couple of years ago, I bought a Durham bedroom set (Savile Row) and am very happy with it. It seems to be well above average quality for a slightly above average price.

Before buying locally, call a couple of the North Carolina retailers (lexfurniture.com, etc.) to get a sense of what a good price would be.

I think Durham had some financial issues recently (as have many) so I would suggest using your credit card rather than sending a check. That gives you more protection if anything goes wrong.

jarrodsmorton Guest

I have heard the same rumor about Durham furniture. It does have a better quality level than Lane. Martha Stewart will probably be very similar to Durham. I don't carry Durham. We were about to. I don't know if it has to do with that rumor or not. Just a note, if you buy from us and a manufacturer goes out of business, we refund your money, not the manufacturer. If you need help, let me know.

I think Durham is shipping/selling they just had a hiccup while getting reorganized.