Thread: Franklin Recliner

Default Franklin Recliner

Can anyone tell me anything about Franklin Recliners. Thanks Kathy

Sarah Guest

My grandmother has Franklin recliners. She lives alone & her furniture is only lightly used. The seats in her 2-year old recliners sag slightly to the right as you sit in them since she leans over to that side to reach the recliner lever. To me, the recliners are starting to feel a bit broken-in but in a strange way. Some parts of the seat are overly mushy / non-supportive while other parts are quite firm. The fabric on them is wearing fairly well though.

Smile Franklin Recliner

Thanks Sarah, I was asking because my sister had picked these out for our mother for mothers day and I was just curious, probably not what I would have picked from what I have learned on here, but not my decision hopefully they will last a couple of good years.

I don't know the brand, but from the look of their construction diagram on their website I'd have to say I'm not impressed. They do have a strong warranty, however - so who knows?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Smile Franklin Recliner

Thanks Duane, That is one of the things she mentioned was the warranty, so hopefully if there is a problem it will happen before it runs out.

Sarah Guest

I do have to say that my grandmother loves the chairs & ultimately that is what matters. She does not notice the sagging seats, & broken-in support. As long as it is comfortable to her, so be it!