Thread: Our Visit to The Keeping Room

puremichigan Guest

Default Our Visit to The Keeping Room

Just in case anyone out there is “on the fence” regarding making a long trip to The Keeping Room, I just wanted to give our opinion on the matter—get your ideas together and GO!

We just returned from a nearly 1700 mile round trip visit to Duane’s store from the Tip of the Mitt in Michigan. We couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. We walked in with a semi-organized folder of what we thought would work best for our small space, and left with an order placed for three beautiful pieces of Hancock and Moore.

Duane put up with us spending nearly an entire day in his store, allowing us the freedom to explore all the options, but being right there to provide answers to our questions and to offer very helpful design insights. We came up with a plan and retreated to our hotel room to discuss it all and look at more photos on line. Although we were pretty beat, Duane offered several suggestions to see part of his beautiful area and gave us some dinner suggestions. As we are sailors, we decided to explore the National Harbor area.

When we returned to The Keeping Room the next morning, Duane was so gracious and encouraging about us (well, honestly me!) changing our sofa to a different model—a significant upgrade, but one that again needed his time and expertise to help us with the options. This was all done with a smile, a great attitude and very helpful suggestions. In effect, Duane steered us in the right direction, all the while giving us the message that the final choice was ultimately ours.

As many other members of this Forum have emphatically stated, Duane knows his furniture! He has a great sense of what works and points out design and leather pros and cons that most of us wouldn’t think about. We can’t thank him enough for the time he spent with us in placing our order.

And, by the way, including the fuel and hotel expenses, and the furniture shipping charges, we still saved money! My advice is, before you purchase somewhere else, get a quote from Duane!

Duane, thanks again for everything!

Default Re: Our Visit to The Keeping Room

You are going to make me blush....

Thank you for making that long trip to my store, I was thinking about how far you had to drive and that you probably passed 150 or so other Hancock & Moore dealers you could have shopped at before getting to my place. That's very humbling! It was my pleasure to meet and help you with all the selections, you're going to have a very nice set of new leather furniture to enjoy your view of the Great Lakes. Be sure to post photos when it all arrives.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.