Thread: H & M Miller recliners and Chadwick sofa?

alex Guest

Default H & M Miller recliners and Chadwick sofa?

Hi,
    I have been reading this forum for while but this is my first post. Great site.

We recently received our H & M Miller recliners in Document Copper and they are just great! They are our start to making the room comfortable for us. Now we are looking to replace the sofa, the present sofa is to low. It needs to be on a small size (not much over 80") and it will be away from the wall. We like the sofa and the recliners to give the room a look of a sectional. The room has an antique ice chest that is part of entertainment unit, large stone fireplace and metal /pottery art pieces. The room has a wall of glass with no wall space to speak of. The feel of the house and the room is southwest and traditional.

We like the look of H&M Chadwick Sofa. We are not able to locate a dealer to see the sofa, and we are hesitant to order it unseen. We are planning fabric on a sofa.
    Can anyone offer advise on Chadwick with Miller? What do others have with the Miller? We are opened to any suggestions. Please help.

Thank you,

Alex

I'd be inclined to look at either the # 5027 Griffin or the # 9955 Ivanhoe if you want to tie-in to your existing Miller Recliner chairs. The forms are similar in the legs and overall lines of the pieces. Both are just a tad over your 80" target measurement.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

alex Guest

Duane,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. We like the Ivanhoe very much, it does match the Miller in style. It has been added to our list. Thank you.

I noticed you did not comment on the Chadwick with the Miller. I like to hear your comments. I know it is a matter of personal taste, but opinion of someone with your experience and knowledge is very of value to us. Did you ever see Chadwick in person?

For other that have Miller chairs.....Please tell us what you have with them. Miller is such a high back chair that we think we need a high sofa. It that correct?

Thank you,

Alex

Alex,

I didn't comment on the Chadwick because - from a style perspective - its not my favorite to use in conjunction with your existing Miller Recliners. The Chadwick has sweeping rolled arms and lots going on with turned legs and woodwork, the Miller by comparison has very little wood on it, and what little there is tends towards simplicity in the form of a tapered leg.

I like the other frames better from a design perspective. But at the end of the day, its what YOU like most of all.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.