Thread: Brand spankin' new Hancock & Moore furniture

BarbieA1 Guest

Default Brand spankin' new Hancock & Moore furniture

The biggest delivery truck I've ever seen in my life pulled up Sunday evening to deliver my furniture:

• Member Sofa 4701 & matching ottoman in Yardley Tobacco
    • Austin Tilt Back chair & ottoman 2032NB/8131NB in Capri Tobacco

The leathers are gorgeous! The Capri feels like butter. The Yardley is beautiful too! Looks shiny in the photo b/c of the lamp light, but it's not. Has a soft sheen. And has a soft feel also (not "crunchy"). I knew what to expect for the Capri, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the Yardley!

The member sofa is comfortable for me, although a little too deep. I knew that would be the case. So I use a cushion behind me (I'm 5'4"). I bought this sofa mostly for guests. It's classic and stylish at the same time.

The Austin Tilt is like sitting in a hug. I love the tilt feature! And I can't stop caressing the Capri leather. My bare feet are not worthy of resting upon the Capri-covered ottoman.

I bought two bolster pillows also - not pictured. Capri Tobacco on the fronts; nubuck on the back.Can post pics later. I love them to pieces, but they are longer than I would like. (Extend across the span of more than one cushion on the sofa - but not halfway across the sofa - so they look awkward.) Had them made in Capri so they'd match the Austin Tilt and sort of tie the different pieces together. If they were the same leather as the sofa, the size issue would be less noticeable. But hey I'm not that fussy a person. Also, the foam they used is wonderful. It's some type of memory foam and is uber comfortable.

All pieces are flawless, from what I can see. They were shipped in crates and boxes! I didn't realize that's not the norm... (Duane, if this is your doing, thank you!) I stood outside watching them while they uncrated the sofa. You can see the sofa on its side in its crate, still inside the truck.

A&O did a fine job. The delivery was due Sunday morning, so I got up much earlier than usual. At 10 they called and said they were running a day behind. I was bummed/annoyed, but not a big deal. That evening they called and said they were in the area and could deliver in the evening if it worked for me. It did.

I'm a happy camper!

Finally, thank you so much, Duane, for all of your help and for such great service.

Please excuse the cell phone photos, in the evening, in a dark room in a state of disarray -- and the budgie toys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	7279

Name:	sofa-side.jpg 
Views:	696 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	7280

Name:	sofa-front.pg.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	7281

You can see the gimp edging here:

Attachment 7277

Where I go to be hugged:

Name:	tilt-back_front.-s.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	7283
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa-back.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	7282  
    Last edited by BarbieA1; 06-03-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: fixed member sofa number

elcrox Guest

Default Re: Brand spankin' new Hancock & Moore furniture

They both look beautiful! And that is indeed a massive truck!

BarbieA1 Guest

Thank you!... Yes I couldn't stand far enough back to capture the entire truck!... My neighbor still isn't talking to me. Sheesh - it was only about 20 minutes.

Beautiful furniture, great choices!

Glad you like your new Hancock & Moore. That's a big truck is right...lol. Most they time they use straight trucks, not semis. And most the time it will be taken out of the boxes, I wish they would leave them in to the destination drop as it better protects the pieces, but most they time they do not. Capri will really spoil you, too. What a great leather. Yardley can be wildly variable in my experience, sounds like yours came in just right. Thank you for the opportunity to service your order, most appreciated. Enjoy the new furniture and don't forget the maintenance! That's the real secret to keeping them looking good for many years.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

vbnet Guest

Candy for the eyes!