Thread: Looking to purchase a quality recliner or chair + ottoman

grah8303 Guest

Default Looking to purchase a quality recliner or chair + ottoman

Hello,

I've been reading your forum for the past 2 days, and am quite impressed with your vast knowledge of what goes into making a quality piece of furniture. Thank you so much for taking your time to inform us all!

With that being said, I am looking to purchase a piece (or two) for a small study.

I've read a lot of your posts concerning leather quality, craftsmanship, and what to expect with the cost that comes with those things. I'm thinking that I like the style and quality of Bradington Young. My budget was $1000, but I've since upped it to $1500 to be able to get a better quality chair. I've read that you said it will be hard pressed to find both a chair and ottoman at that price, so a recliner might better suit my needs. I'd prefer a chair and ottoman, but I guess we can't all have what we want.

Do you happen to have any recommendations on how to proceed in purchasing one? I'm a stickler for prices, and will contact just about every sales person possible to get the lowest possible one. I see you are based out of Alexandria, VA, and that appeals to me as I lived in Manassas, VA for over 20 years. I now reside in Oklahoma City though, so I'm not exactly sure how delivery works. I know that stores pay delivery costs no matter if they charge extra, or include it in their price, so I was curious as to what you think about purchasing from local stores versus buying online.

I don't want to overwhelm you with too much seeing as I'm sure you have a lot going on, but I'd love to hear what you think my options may be. Thank you so much for your time!

P.S. I keep coming back to edit my posts because I find you've answered a lot of these questions before. Like how to figure shipping costs. Maybe it would be best if I found a recliner I liked and then asked you what you think the cost should be?

Sincerely,

Thomas
    Last edited by grah8303; 06-07-2015 at 11:28 PM.

grah8303 Guest

Default Re: Looking to purchase a quality recliner or chair + ottoman

Here is the style that I am looking for. I have yet to sit in this chair, but I do like the style. I see the retail price varies from the low $1000 to mid $2000 range. I'm curious as to how much of a difference there would be in quality with those prices. Also, is it even possible to find a chair + ottoman for $1500 in leather from Bradington Young? Thanks again!

http://www.bradington-young.com/amer...E&style=912-35
    Last edited by grah8303; 06-07-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: Looking to purchase a quality recliner or chair + ottoman

That is a 912 Series Recliner, so no ottoman needed. I sell that chair in entry level leather for $ 1,463 plus shipping/delivery fees.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.