Thread: Comparisons between Ricki and Rachel and Arrington

kchuval Guest

Default Comparisons between Ricki and Rachel and Arrington

We are in the market for a new sofa. We have seen and sat on the Ricki and would like to get opinions on how the Ricki sits in comparison to the Rachel and Arrington sofa (not the quilted ones). It appears as though the back of the Rachel is more tilted than the Ricki. Is that really the case? Or, does the Rachel back sit right as the back of the Ricki appears?

How does the Ricki sit in comparison to the City sofa?

Default Re: Comparisons between Ricki and Rachel and Arrington

I have not had a Ricki come through my store or tried one at market, sorry. You can never tell how a sofa may sit from photos, however. The City (9840 model) does sit 'smaller' than the Arrington, for sure. I am 5' 11" and not very comfortable on that City, but am on the Arrington.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

vbnet Guest

I can chime in on the Arrington vs Ricki. My son bought a regular Arrington but we also tried out a Ricki. The inside depth on the Ricki is about .5" more and I (5'7") could feel it more than my son (6'2"). I felt like it was just that smidgeon deeper for sitting watching tv. He ordered the Arrington because he was living in an apartment building and thought it might move in a little easier (I won't recount That story).

kchuval Guest

Thanks for your comments vbnet. Would you say the Ricki and Arrington sat very similarly except for the depth of the Ricki being a little greater? The back angle of the two sofas seem similar. Would the Arrington fit through a 35" doorway? Was the final decision between the Ricki and Arrington? Or, were there other models in the final grouping? I also like the look of the Rachel but have not been able to find one to view. From the website, it appears the Rachel seat back may slope more than the Ricki and Arrington but I don't really know if that is an illusion or real. I was just happy to finally get to sit on an H&M sofa. I was very close to buying something else. What leather did your son get on the Arrington and how happy are you with the way the sofa turned out? The Ricki that I saw was in Dream Jute and I thought that it looked and felt very nice. Thanks again for your comments. It is so difficult to make a purchase without first being able to see what you are purchasing.