Thread: Counter Height Barstools Recommendations. Some lower back support.

Default Counter Height Barstools Recommendations. Some lower back support.

I have a fairly narrow area off hallway, and we want to change the two barstools. Prefer the barstools below the 33 3/4 countertop bottom, for occasional slide under purposes, and preferably with low back support. At this point, I have only found backless stools, such as the Hancock and Moore Burberry, or the Stickley Jamestown swivel stools, which will slide completely under those dimensions. Hancock and Moore has the radius barstool, but it doesn't give dimensions in counter height. Their bar height dimension is is 40.75, so I assume the counter height one would be about 6 inches less. at 34.75. It won't slide completely under, but at least won't show above the top of 35 inch countertop. The top of the countertop is 35 inches, so the Radius bar stool would at least be below eye level. They are for daily use by adults. Disappointed that the H&M online catalog doesn't give counter height dimensions.

Recommendations on counter height low back swivel bar stools. Don't want to go over $ 1000 per bar stool.

Default Re: Counter Height Barstools Recommendations. Some lower back support.

Since no replies, I'll modify request. I have found a Vanguard Doyle Counter Stool W730-CS, Swivel, with the right dimensions. List is $ 1049

Is this a good brand? I'm surprised there isn't more interest in barstools, since they can make or break the look of the counter area.

Is there a best barstool manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by pstein15 View Post
    I have a fairly narrow area off hallway, and we want to change the two barstools. Prefer the barstools below the 33 3/4 countertop bottom, for occasional slide under purposes, and preferably with low back support. At this point, I have only found backless stools, such as the Hancock and Moore Burberry, or the Stickley Jamestown swivel stools, which will slide completely under those dimensions. Hancock and Moore has the radius barstool, but it doesn't give dimensions in counter height. Their bar height dimension is is 40.75, so I assume the counter height one would be about 6 inches less. at 34.75. It won't slide completely under, but at least won't show above the top of 35 inch countertop. The top of the countertop is 35 inches, so the Radius bar stool would at least be below eye level. They are for daily use by adults. Disappointed that the H&M online catalog doesn't give counter height dimensions.

Recommendations on counter height low back swivel bar stools. Don't want to go over $ 1000 per bar stool.

Default Re: Counter Height Barstools Recommendations. Some lower back support.

Counter height on the Hancock and Moore barstools is the last two digits of the model numbers. For example the # 104-30 Malone Bar Stool is 30" high.

I advise folks to get appx 12" of drop from the top of the counter to seat height +/- 1". if you have just 6" its way too tight.

H&M has the best barstools in my opinion. Some are under $ 1K in leather, some are over.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.