Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deciding on a reclining sectional

Default Re: Need help deciding on a reclining sectional

Where are you located? Shipping rates vary depending on distance .... the 912 Sofa with dual recliners starts at $ 2,884 in a GR 1 leather. You can get it in fabric, but the leather will last and last, the fabric will not. I also have one of these in my store on a markdown as well, but if you are a long ways from VA it may not be cost effective to ship the one I have in stock.

I don't know if that unit is Latitudes or not, sorry. If you can choose any leather that Flexsteel makes, then its USA-made. If you only have a couple of leather color options, then its coming over from China in a container. I see this on that link from Flexsteel that you sent that makes me think this is a Chinese unit. Only available in select leathers.

Those pillowy units like that one look good when they are new, but get pretty flattened out as all that fill migrates over time and use. They tend to look a little sloppy as they get older. Just an FYI,
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-06-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sofa87 Guest

Very good info, thanks again! I am located in WV, so not too far from where you are. What do you have in stock? Would i be able to order any other piece(s) to match the one you have? What's the specs on the one you have and is the one you have in power or non-power?

Here is the unit in stock, this hide has been dropped from the lineup, hence the significant discount. This is a manual recline on each end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	912.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	7365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	7366
    Duane Collie

sofa87 Guest

Duane,

After talking to the fiance i think we have decided to follow your advice and nix the sectional idea. The reid sofa (in general) looks wonderful and better than the manufactures pictures. Do they make a loveseat that you can get to match? I know they make the recliner. What would prices be on a matching recliner and or loveseat?

What grade leather do you recommend? How much additional would it cost to add a grade 2 leather?
    Last edited by sofa87; 07-07-2015 at 06:16 PM.

sofa87 Guest

Duane,

I was able to search and find a BY dealer within an hour of my house so i drove up to check things out. It really helped seeing and feeling the different leather sin person. We have decided we want a sofa and two reclining gliding swivel chairs. The store i went to had one reclining gliding swivel chair. I must say we loved the versatility of it. We are still trying to choose exactly which sofa and chair we want to go with but have it narrowed down to a few options. We also have our leathers narrowed down. We really like the 9575-87 (GR2) and 9110 (GR1) but the only one the store had was a grey / taupe looking color the 9110-84. The salesperson i spoke with thought that was the only 9110 color they now offered. We are looking for tan / brown color. Much to my surprise when i got home and looked to see that BY offers 7 colors in the 9110.

My question to you is this... Can you send me some 9110 swatches? the 82, 83, 88, 89, and 97 all look brownish on a computer screen. It's hard to tell without seeing them in person. Do you have any other leather in a GR1 or GR2 you like or could recommend too? I really look forward to hearing from you. I must also say that your prices beat out the local dealer by a long shot. i don't want to nor will i play the pricing game. I definitely want to deal with you on my purchase. I'll post in the quotes and orders section once i know for sure which sofa and chair we want to go with for pricing information but we also need to decide on a leather beforehand. I must say it's quite difficult finding a color and feel you like together.

As always, thanks for any help.
    Last edited by sofa87; 07-11-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Sure, samples (up to a dozen) are always free of charge. Look on the Bradington-Young website to see the current leather offerings and select from those. Then either order here on the forum through the QUOTES section, or drop me an email to dcollie@keepingroom.com with your list and mailing address. I will order them same day. Always get a sample, the photos are just not accurate enough and you cannot feel the texture and softness, etc.

You will enjoy the B-Y product, and I think its smart not to over-furniture the room!
    Duane Collie